[Solved] How to remove splash screen from 1.4 stable code

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

[Solved] How to remove splash screen from 1.4 stable code

Postby Lokaar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:19 am

Well, for those who love to tinker and customize, take a crack at it yourself:

open the GameEditor.sln with visual c++ 2008 express (or whichever you're familiar with), expand the "GameEditor" project, expand the "Source Files", and open GameControl.cpp. Search the code until you see this (or just search for bGEInfo):

Code: Select all
KrResourceVault *vault2 = NULL;
KrSprite *kr2 = NULL;
bool bGEInfo = false;

And replace that with this:
Code: Select all
KrResourceVault *vault2 = NULL;
KrSprite *kr2 = NULL;
bool bGEInfo = true;

bGEInfo works like a neat little on/off switch for the GE splash screen... (Sorry for the post changing, I keep updating it with the best way as I'm learning how the code is organized)

cool thing is you can control things via script right from launch this way, and do neat things like uh maybe the konami code during intro credits like games used to have? :D
I heard maks say he didn't want game editor to die, and I don't see that at all, I see it gaining a large fan base now :)
I'm getting the hang of the code now, hopefully I can contribute in the future soon...
Hopefully, with legit-looking games, game editor will have a backing of strong creators, which will only strengthen game editor even more. With the freedom it has now, I'm certain people (and developers) will find it worth investing time into :)

UPDATE: I have attached the GameControl.cpp with the entire splash code removed completely, instead of the simple edit you see above (it might help it work in wine better - edit: nvm it's an issue with newer linux distros, maybe)
Attachments
GameControl.cpp
(810.73 KiB) Downloaded 266 times
Last edited by Lokaar on Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:36 am, edited 9 times in total.
Lokaar

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: Allowed to remove splash screen?

Postby Lokaar » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:46 am

Would it be alright if I posted up how to remove the splash screen from the 1.4 code? And I'm not sure if it's allowed or not, so...
I'm assuming since it's taken out in the 1.5 code (although not fully functional yet) that it's allowed?
Last edited by Lokaar on Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lokaar

Re: Allowed to remove splash screen?

Postby skydereign » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:00 am

It should be fine. The only reason we haven't done that already is that makslane doesn't want any further commits to the 1.4 source, as it would require odd merges with the current source.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Re: [Solved] How to remove splash screen from 1.4 stable cod

Postby Lokaar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:42 am

Completely understandable. I would like to stop investing my time into the old code as well, and be able to provide some progress on the front lines with 1.5, but I'm just using it as a way to become comfortable with the process
Lokaar

Postby johngalt00 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:51 am

Thanks for sharing. This works great for Windows.
Do you or someone else managed to build also other executable types?
johngalt00

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Lokaar » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm thinking, since you build the windows game editor.exe and also it's engine using the windows build method, i'm pretty sure linux would be built within linux the same way, but i haven't tried it yet
Lokaar

Return to General