Isometric sprites?

Ask questions and request art/music.

Isometric sprites?

Postby SuperSonic » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:35 pm

Could anyone give me a link to some free isometric character sprites? I used to know a website that had a lot of them but I forgot it. I need some for a GE test :)

Thanks in advance :D

*edit* Never mind, I found some :P
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Re: Isometric sprites?

Postby EvanBlack » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:32 am

I see you found some already but I would just like to post a link to some free 3D/2D Iso sprites.

http://www.reinerstilesets.de/
(\__/) ( Soon... The world)
(O.o )< will be mine!____)
(> < )
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Bunny Overlord 2012!
EvanBlack

Score: 19 Give a positive score

Postby Game A Gogo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:06 pm

EvanBlack wrote:I see you found some already but I would just like to post a link to some free 3D/2D Iso sprites.

http://www.reinerstilesets.de/

Great source! I remember the website from 5 years ago! changed a lot I must say :)
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby SuperSonic » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:16 pm

Thank you Evan. I just so happens that that was the site I found haha :lol:

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Postby EvanBlack » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:43 pm

I think we need to figure out how to start a game company, or a gE store....

Oh cool, yeah, it would be nice if we had someone dedicated to creating sprites and iso sprites 2D/3D. I know this is the game art spot of the gE forum but to have a paid artist on hand would be awesome. One that gets paid through his gE store account for games sold.
(> < )
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Bunny Overlord 2012!
EvanBlack

Postby SuperSonic » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:14 pm

Doesn't Chai do that? :)

SuperSonic

Postby Game A Gogo » Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:46 pm

I'm pretty sure Chai does so. But for what Evan wants, we'd need to find a way to attract these artist. And of course, have more serious programmers on the forum. I see this for the future but not for now, not with the kind of people we have around. Now don't get me wrong, it's just most people are young and can't afford hiring people for art.
Programming games is an art,
    Respect it.
Game A Gogo

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby EvanBlack » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:46 pm

I don't mean hiring lol, I mean a paid amateur artist. Someone who can't yet make their mark in the game industry but loves to make game art. If gE was like a non-profit educational organization that just happened to make a profit and paid their volunteers also giving funds to various other NPO's. This could be the start of a great thing.

Educating youth in computer programming, art, and game design, as well as developing games, and having a game store. It doesn't even have to be an NPO, but a commerical company that does this. This could start a whole new revolution to game creation for amateur designers and gamers.

Sorry for the derailment of topic. But this would allow for young amateurs to become professional, and also increase the growth of gE and its community. Not only that but would allow for store shelf quality games to be produced as well.
(> < )
EvanBlack

Postby SuperSonic » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:58 pm

Good point. But it would be hard to make money off of a non profit orginization :roll:

But it is a very good idea :)

SuperSonic

Postby EvanBlack » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:14 pm

Hard? No lol NOP doesn't mean you can't make a profit, it just means that anything you make has to go first back into the development of the NOP, then to anything the NOP supports, in this case itself, then anything extra is pocketed or donated.

gE.com could sell advertisement space which is seperate to the NOP, then sell games for variable price which supports the NOP, then offer services such as educating and grouping of amateur programmers and artists, which is funded by the game sells.

Also, it doesn't have to be a NOP, it could be a regular Corp. Makslane as CEO XD

I dunno XD I can dream.

gE will be big one day. I have seen website grow huge over the years and even joined some of them in the beginning. Neopets.. I never thought they would have gotten as big as they did. Now they have DVD's and McDonald's even had a deal with them. They went from a simple web pet idea to a massive world. Its crazy.

Mostly, us developers should band together and form something to create better games. As individual game developers we are great, as a community we are awesome, as a team... we could be legendary!
(> < )
EvanBlack

Postby SuperSonic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:07 pm

gE.com could sell advertisement space

That is true but personally, I don't like sites with a lot of advertisements. It makes the website itself appear trashy. That is one of the main reasons I was attracted to the GE forums. It has a nice, clean, friendly look to it. But you do have a good point. It would be great if the GE community could make money to support education. I just wish there could be some other way than ads :)

SuperSonic

Postby colpolstudios » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:26 pm

I am a 2d iso 2.1 ratio artist and have free characters here : web page link: http://tisnart.com/index.php?page=downl ... e-graphics

If you require specific characters for your new game idea contact me.

Yours

colpolstudios
colpolstudios

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby SuperSonic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:30 pm

Thank you for your generosity but I already have some sprites. Plus this is just a test, not an actual game :D

SuperSonic

Postby colpolstudios » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:38 pm

no problem. it was this post that inspired me to contact the forum in the first place.

The offer re iso 2.1 ratio characters is open to all. :)

What i need is some one to download a sample character and test it in game maker.

Please inform me if there are any issues.

All of the characters done in poser 8 firefly render images, convert to .gif format.

All of the .gif files are catogerized for ease of use, all pre-cropped.

each download has a read me.

But if you want a specific character for your new game (ANY ONE), I can provide this service on a very personal one to one format.

There are costs for this service.

regards

colpolstudios
colpolstudios

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby SuperSonic » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:25 pm

Well if I ever get my engine working, I'll add one of your characters to it to test out :wink:

SuperSonic

Return to Requests