Western Music

Ask questions and request art/music.

Western Music

Postby jimmynewguy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Does anyone know of, or is anyone capable of making, western game music? Everything I find is either an actual country song, which doesn't work well in games, or just not really what I'm looking for at all. I need like an upbeat country song that brings the feel of the wild west, if you know what I mean. If it's not made by someone here, then I'll just use it for inspiration to make my own music. But if you do make it I will definitely include you in the credits, give you score, ect. Thanks in advanced!

EDIT: This is Wild Willy
cowboy_jumpr.PNG
cowboy_jumpr.PNG (322 Bytes) Viewed 4616 times
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Re: Western Music

Postby happyjustbecause » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:21 pm

I don't really know of any western music sources for games. But I thought of these two songs from one of my favorite games, Oddworld. Stranger's Wrath in particular, and that has really cool sci-fi western feel. And I just thought you may enjoy these tracks that kind of have a western gamey feel to it.

Theres one more, I think I will upload it myself on youtube since it isn't already there =D.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby happyjustbecause » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:26 am

I don't know if you've seen the other post yet, or enjoyed the two songs. But I uploaded the other song "Fighting Outlaws 3" on youtube so I can embed it here! I think it sounds really cool, and has that western feel I was explaining.

Maybe these songs can provide references to what you mean by western music, or just provide some good music in this topic. :D
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby phyzix5761 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:33 pm

I can't make any promises that you'll find western music, because I haven't heard all the the material, but here is a HUGE library of sprites and music. http://www.derekyu.com/tigs/assemblee/

They are under the creative commons 3.0 license so they are free to use as long as you don't make a profit from using them and, also, that you credit the creator.

Read more about the license here: http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/us/
phyzix5761

Score: 18 Give a positive score

Postby jimmynewguy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:57 pm

Thanks guys, but unfortunately I cannot find what I'm really looking for. I guess I'm going to have to make it myself :)
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Postby NevenResnik » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:57 pm

I can help. Mail me at neven.resnik@gmail.com
NevenResnik

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:19 pm

NevenResnik wrote:I can help. Mail me at neven.resnik@gmail.com

nevin these are old topics. I think these people have left GE.
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Return to Requests