Minor Feature of Actor Control

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

Minor Feature of Actor Control

Postby kickstart » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:33 am

This is a very small feature and should be fairly easy to add. The ability to drag an actor by mouse down events, and move them wherever the mouse is located on mouse down. This would be something like a "Drag" action that could be added under MouseButtonDown and would make use for anything from being able to move a player around the a course and to drag them around to dragging something to certain coordinates to proceed to the next level, perhaps.

+1 for this?

If it even sounds like a half way good idea, of course.

:lol:
kickstart

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Re: Minor Feature of Actor Control

Postby skydereign » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:43 am

This is already supported in gE (in two different ways directly, and possible in other ways). One is the drag option, which it sounds like you know about. Just set the drag to enable, and the actor will be dragged around while clicked. The other is the FollowMouse function, which can be used to follow along specific axis, and can even be used without the click.

JetpackGrizzly wrote:+1 for this?

That isn't really how the point system works.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby kickstart » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:51 am

skydereign wrote:This is already supported in gE (in two different ways directly, and possible in other ways). One is the drag option, which it sounds like you know about. Just set the drag to enable, and the actor will be dragged around while clicked. The other is the FollowMouse function, which can be used to follow along specific axis, and can even be used without the click.

JetpackGrizzly wrote:+1 for this?

That isn't really how the point system works.

I guess that could be useful to me! And how can I earn points, considering you seem good at it?
kickstart

Postby skydereign » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:06 am

JetpackGrizzly wrote:I guess that could be useful to me!

What?

JetpackGrizzly wrote:And how can I earn points, considering you seem good at it?

Points are supposed to show that you are a helpful member in the community. So, if you answer questions on the forums, people will sometimes give you a point. Note, you won't get a point for every question you answer, people don't hand them out that frequently. For instance, I've answered a few of your questions, and you haven't given me a point. That's how it is supposed to work, otherwise I'd have over 3000 points. Other things you can do that would usually merit points is to post helpful material (tutorials and similar) or an impressive looking game (which ultimately helps gE anyway). You answered REDNSX's old post about the iphone 5, if it didn't happen to be an old post, and it helped REDNSX, then that bit of help might get you a point.

While making a good feature request could fit in that category, it isn't really the same. Also, I'm usually against the idea of asking for points, as that pressures the person you were helping to give you one. They should give you one based off the help or service you provided, not because they were asked to give you one. Some people still do it, but I don't recommend it.

Points used to have some value, since if you got 30 of them, you could get a gE license, and be able to get makslane to remove the splash screen. But, that isn't the case any more, because you no longer need to buy the licenses to sell your games and get the splash removed.
skydereign

Postby kickstart » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:12 am

The feature that I suggested that actually already exists will help me.

I would love to give points to people, especially you considering you are the one who has answered every one of my questions, however you can't give out points until you have three yourself.

I thought the 30 point thing was still in play? The splash screen can't be removed anymore after 30?
kickstart

Postby skydereign » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:18 am

JetpackGrizzly wrote:I would love to give points to people, especially you considering you are the one who has answered every one of my questions, however you can't give out points until you have three yourself.

You need to have three posts, not three points to be able to give other people points. Unless the rules have changed, which I'm pretty sure they haven't.

JetpackGrizzly wrote:I thought the 30 point thing was still in play? The splash screen can't be removed anymore after 30?

You don't need the 30 points now. http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=12555

What that means for you is you don't need a license to remove the splash screen. You can email your game to makslane and he'll remove the splash for you.
skydereign

Postby kickstart » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:21 am

Oh, sorry, I guess you were right. I was able to give you a point. :idea:
I'll have to get my splash screen removed when finished with my game. Thanks cut answering the questions!
kickstart

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:51 pm

skydereign wrote:
JetpackGrizzly wrote:I guess that could be useful to me!

What?

JetpackGrizzly wrote:And how can I earn points, considering you seem good at it?

Points are supposed to show that you are a helpful member in the community. So, if you answer questions on the forums, people will sometimes give you a point. Note, you won't get a point for every question you answer, people don't hand them out that frequently. For instance, I've answered a few of your questions, and you haven't given me a point. That's how it is supposed to work, otherwise I'd have over 3000 points. Other things you can do that would usually merit points is to post helpful material (tutorials and similar) or an impressive looking game (which ultimately helps gE anyway). You answered REDNSX's old post about the iphone 5, if it didn't happen to be an old post, and it helped REDNSX, then that bit of help might get you a point.

While making a good feature request could fit in that category, it isn't really the same. Also, I'm usually against the idea of asking for points, as that pressures the person you were helping to give you one. They should give you one based off the help or service you provided, not because they were asked to give you one. Some people still do it, but I don't recommend it.

Points used to have some value, since if you got 30 of them, you could get a gE license, and be able to get makslane to remove the splash screen. But, that isn't the case any more, because you no longer need to buy the licenses to sell your games and get the splash removed.

you never insert emotions :shock:
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:53 pm

+1 for this?

I'll give you some :)
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Return to Feature Requests