xcode errors

iPhone/iPod/iPad specific questions and discussion

xcode errors

Postby MrScience101 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:40 am

I receive the following errors when compiling the xcode project:

ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/MrScience101/Desktop/test/geapp/build/Release-iphoneos/libgeapp.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (armv7s): /Users/MrScience101/Desktop/test/geapp/build/Release-iphoneos/libgeapp.a
Undefined symbols for architecture armv7s:
"_main", referenced from:
start in crt1.3.1.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7s
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Anyone seen this before? Anyone know how to resolve it?

After doing a search on the forums I read that some people had luck changing armv7s to armv6, but armv6 does not show up in xcode anywhere that I can see.

Thank you for your time, help and effort.
MrScience101

Score: 13 Give a positive score

Re: xcode errors

Postby MrScience101 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:52 am

In order to change armv7s to armv7 you need only do the following:

go to build settings, click on the architecture, click on other, hit the - to delete the $32bit thing that is there. click + and type armv6 and then hit + again and type armv7.

After that skip down to valid architectures and type: armv6 armv7

Then it finally compiled just fine.

Now I just have to figure out why the geapp.dat file that comes with it work great, but when I replace it with my geapp.dat file it crashes.

Time to search the forums again.
MrScience101

Postby MrScience101 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:35 am

Game Editor is amazing. Nothing quite as satisfying as playing your game on your iphone.

I was using the .dat files from my pc, and sending them over here. The game editor on my pc is the beta version. Those .dat files don't work for some reason.

I downloaded the stable version of game editor onto my macbook. Opened my project, exported the dat file and it worked great.

In summary:

To compile using the geapp for iphone from game-editor.net, you'll need to switch the architecture from armv7s to armv6 and armv7. Then you need to use the stable (not the beta) mac version to export your .dat files.

Finally, you have to sometimes do some clean up, by deleting the app off your iphone, then in xcode under build options selecting 'clean', and finally rebuilding the whole thing.

hope that helps someone out there.
MrScience101

Postby REDNSX » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:59 pm

Yes I had the same error happening to me but then I found out the same thing a couple of days ago. I have summit my 2 new apps to apple and i am waiting for approval. I am going to update my 3 other apps for the iphone5 screen hopefully by the end of the year. :D
REDNSX

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Return to iOS