Postby hobgoblin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:13 pm

i don't know how to do games
where can i find a tutorial?
or if anyone can explain...
hobgoblin

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Just4Fun » Sat Feb 21, 2004 7:27 pm

hobgoblin:
Welcome. GE is alot of fun, but how you start to learn it probably depends on how much you already know about programming. There is a tutorial link on the main page. Personally, this tutorial was way over my head when I first started to use the program. If you look in this forum in the support area, you will find some excellent 'nubbie' tutorials. The one that really helped me to see the power of GE and begin to understand how it worked is the Pong tutorial done by Trajecto. It is here:

http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156

It is also important read and re read the documentation that goes with the program. Granted, it is somewhat confusing and could be better if it explained things in a little more detail, but it does help to study it.

Finally, hang out here in the forum. Ask questions when you get stumped. There are some very knowledgeable people here and the program's creator:Makslane is also quite active here. He is very supportive and helpful too. Good Luck and with a little work you will be creating some games in no time. :lol:
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby ingsan » Sat Feb 21, 2004 9:13 pm

u can also go on Game editor's homepage. ull find quite interesting tutorials. See Moondefender tutorial. it's where we all started when beginnig with GE :P
ingsan

Postby hobgoblin » Sat Feb 21, 2004 10:47 pm

i know a little of computer programing
but i don't really know is how to start!

i'll try what you said
hobgoblin

Postby Just4Fun » Sun Feb 22, 2004 2:09 am

hobgoblin:

The first thing to try might be to Create an actor on the GameEditor (GE) stage:
1. Load the GE program.
2. Left mouse click on add actor (It is on the menu at the top of the GE screen.)
3. A box pops up. Give your actor a name like "myactor" (no quote marks around the name) .
4. Left click the mouse on the "add" button.
You should now see your actor on the GE stage. It is represented by a smiley face. :)

Now, how about changing the smiley face image(picture) of "my actor" to an image that you want:
1. Right click with the mouse and another selection menu will pop up.
2. Select " Actor Control" by left clicking it. A more complicated looking box will pop up. It is the "Actor Control" box.Don't worry about anything in this box yet Except for the "Add Animation" button.
3. Select the "Add Animation" button by left clicking it. Yet another box will popup. This one is titled " Add Animation".
4. Name your picture by typing into the Name area. If your picture file was a ball you could name it" Ball" or even just "my actor" too.
5. See the "File:" label? Click on the up or down arrow on the area next to file and another box pops up. This one shows the files on your computer. Find the picture file that you want and select it.
6. Select the OK button. Now you will see your actor on the stage displayed with the picture file that you selected. :wink:

Forgive me if this is too elementary for you. It is the sort of thing that I needed when I first began using GE. I didn't know where to start either. HTHs ....
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Postby hobgoblin » Sun Feb 22, 2004 5:37 am

ty guy

i'll use this stuff

only one little thing...

what is this :arrow: (..)
hobgoblin

Postby makslane » Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:01 pm

(..) -> Parent Directory