Melee Shoot Kaboom! Cancelled.

Talk about making games.

Do you want a shooter game, a beat em up game or both?

A shooter game.
50%
A beat em up game.
No votes
Both.
50%

Total votes : 2

Re: Melee Shoot Kaboom! Official development thread. Demo Ou

Postby MrJolteon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:59 am

bat78 wrote:
MrJolteon wrote:Yes. The font you picked for nearly everything is worse than Fixedsys.

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey. :x

I'm sorry, but it's true. That font is terrible.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:58 am

lcl wrote:
bat78 wrote:This is your worst attempt of all worst attempts of inventing a "game"....

*snip*

...Don't answer to a rhetoric question dummie, leecher, get a hold of yourself, evaporate.

What are you doing? Why do you feel a need to verbally kill a kid for making a game?

I mean, you're allowed to have an opinion, and you're allowed to not like the game. But there's no need to be a d*ck about it. That is useless and stupid.

If you don't like the game, then you should tell why, and give ideas for improving the game, not just sh*t all over it.

Also, remember that the game you are judging is made by a person who, in this case a) has used GE a lot less than you, so it's clear he won't be as good as you b) is much younger than you and hasn't all the knowledge needed for designing great games. Learning is about trial and error. But if you get beaten for each error, it quickly turns off the willingness to learn.

You are a smart person, stop acting like a stupid one.

@lcl. Thanks for standing up for lcl. :)

@Bat, I''m sorry again if you think I stole your font. I've honestly never checked out your game before.
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby DjVan » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:33 pm

try to make the z depth depends on the character.y value
2.B.A
DjVan

Score: 3 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:13 pm

lcl wrote:
bat78 wrote:This is your worst attempt of all worst attempts of inventing a "game"....

*snip*

...Don't answer to a rhetoric question dummie, leecher, get a hold of yourself, evaporate.

What are you doing? Why do you feel a need to verbally kill a kid for making a game?

I mean, you're allowed to have an opinion, and you're allowed to not like the game. But there's no need to be a d*ck about it. That is useless and stupid.

If you don't like the game, then you should tell why, and give ideas for improving the game, not just sh*t all over it.

Also, remember that the game you are judging is made by a person who, in this case a) has used GE a lot less than you, so it's clear he won't be as good as you b) is much younger than you and hasn't all the knowledge needed for designing great games. Learning is about trial and error. But if you get beaten for each error, it quickly turns off the willingness to learn.

You are a smart person, stop acting like a stupid one.

That right I have more experience. But when I was like him, I were doing it much better and in the same time - didn't claim it is good.
You are right that I should give reasons though. I was mad and I was hurry so I couldn't think of anything.
I didn't even compare myself with him, but I think I can pretty much do that with these arguments.

The reason why I didn't like it.. is because there is nothing good or potentially good in his games. The graphics, fonts, bgm, sfx, story, gameplay(not all included)
And for that being said why is he not improving? He said that he was working on it for a month...
This is a pretty serious statement. He has made more games then both of us, but they are all equally bad. Some of them might be fun I admit okay.
I rely on truth from a professional not personal ventage point. It looks like you have a moral/personal sociality towards him.

If we turn it into a social backing, then I say:
I respect you Knucle for being so young and in the same time trying to program.
From a professional point of view his games are obviously that bad. gE is more capable then javascript.. the worst javascript game I played was better. Thats the truth.
If you don't like it.. you gotta mention in the description "Please don't comment/Don't say what you think". Thanks.
Well apparently I am a stupid person.
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:59 pm

@bat I don't mind you mot liking my games as you can't please everyone. But what I do not like is the fact you verbally abuse me and say hateful things about my game and leave no suggestions to improve it. But as you said. You got angry amd replied to fast and that's understandable to me as I got angry about a similar thing on another topic. But for the third time, I've never properly studied the font of your game.
knucklecrunchgames

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:09 pm

bat78 wrote:And for that being said why is he not improving? He said that he was working on it for a month..

you have to understand this is the pre-alpha demo. Proper improved gameplay and good story will be coming soon.
Amd for the record. I have improved. Look at Diamond Grounds and look at vicious vehicles! Big improvement eh?
knucklecrunchgames

Postby skydereign » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:46 pm

bat78 wrote:I rely on truth from a professional not personal ventage point. It looks like you have a moral/personal sociality towards him.

While you may say you are criticizing from a professional point, there is a serious side of professionalism that you seem to lack. In a professional work environment, you are expected to keep a high level of civility. Saying that a person's games are worse than the worst javascript game does nothing for anyone, and just comes across as insulting and obnoxious. While MrJolteon has less than favorable reviews of knucklecrunchgames's games, they are at least structured in a more constructive way. Your berating of knucklecrunchgames seems to do nothing but try to make him feel bad which definitely discredits your professionalism. Speaking the truth and pointing out critiques can be done without coming across as a jerk.

bat78 wrote:If you don't like it.. you gotta mention in the description "Please don't comment/Don't say what you think". Thanks.

You should already know that knucklecrunchgames does not want your kind of feedback. This has happened many times, and quite frankly I'm tired of it.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:38 am

skydereign wrote:This has happened many times, and quite frankly I'm tired of it.

Fortunately, I don't care what makes you tired, but I am sure that whatever it is.. is your own concern.

skydereign wrote:..there is a serious side of professionalism that you seem to lack..

And you lack of sense.
Did I said that I behaved professional by doing all this? What you can not understand simple relative vocabulary?
I simply enough, discovered that his games are awful from a professional point of view. If I want to be professional here, I would present him a book or something.
There is just one problem.. I don't want to neither it will worth it. Have problem understanding that too?

Whoever like knux personally, or just keep people into the community, it's fine. I understand. Just don't mess where is none of your business nerd.

So sad you can't keep your emotions aside. Speaks of weak sociality. And you haven't proved yourself to arrange professionalism between members.
You are no one in my eyes. Also yes. Same stands for me. Here I proved nothing. Yet.
bat78

Postby skydereign » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:56 pm

bat78 wrote:Fortunately, I don't care what makes you tired, but I am sure that whatever it is.. is your own concern.

When you attack or berate other users, that becomes an issue for the community. And as mod I am the one that deals with that. I've tried taking a lenient stance on your behavior towards knucklecrunchgames a number of times before, but it clearly is still a problem, so future cases may result in warnings and if it still persists your account being banned.

bat78 wrote:And you lack of sense.
Did I said that I behaved professional by doing all this? What you can not understand simple relative vocabulary?
I simply enough, discovered that his games are awful from a professional point of view. If I want to be professional here, I would present him a book or something.
There is just one problem.. I don't want to neither it will worth it. Have problem understanding that too?

Whoever like knux personally, or just keep people into the community, it's fine. I understand. Just don't mess where is none of your business nerd.

So sad you can't keep your emotions aside. Speaks of weak sociality. And you haven't proved yourself to arrange professionalism between members.
You are no one in my eyes. Also yes. Same stands for me. Here I proved nothing. Yet.

:)
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:56 pm

@ bat78.

Don't take this out on sky. He is a respected member here. And you know, your games are not god's gift either.

@sky.

Yay an emotion!!! :) :) :)

Bat78 wrote:You are no one in my eyes.

In my eyes, he is the site mod.

Bat78 wrote:Just don't mess where is none of your business nerd.

Actually, It is his business to stop things getting out of hand
Last edited by knucklecrunchgames on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
knucklecrunchgames

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:03 pm

bat78 wrote:I simply enough, discovered that his games are awful from a professional point of view.

Hmm? I'm confused. I didn't know that swearing at a person and calling them useless was professional? What has the world come to?
knucklecrunchgames

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:08 pm

MrJolteon wrote:I'm sorry, but it's true. That font is terrible.

It's not bad at all. Why is it you who has a problem with fo- You know what. Show me a font that would please you. :)
knucklecrunchgames

Postby bat78 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:26 pm

Kux, not going to reply to you since rn it just simply seems that you didn't read good enough.
Sky, well.. ban me if you want.

1. I am just dev in the environment of devs,
2. fellow worker for the workers I work with,
3. friend a social community of friends..
4. And a robot in a mmorpg game for that even point.

If you ban me here, attaching the reason.. this will seriously prove that I wasn't here because of 1. I don't mind. You can threat me as everything from the list above, everything worse or everything good. Since you are the God I mean Mod* I can do nothing but keep my hands away from the keyboard and satisfy your social needs.
bat78

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:10 pm

bat78 wrote:Kux, not going to reply to you since rn it just simply seems that you didn't read good enough.
Sky, well.. ban me if you want.

1. I am just dev in the environment of devs,
2. fellow worker for the workers I work with,
3. friend a social community of friends..
4. And a robot I

n a mmorpg game for that even point.

If you ban me here, attaching the reason.. this will seriously prove that I wasn't here because of 1. I don't mind. You can threat me as everything from the list above, everything worse or everything good. Since you are the God I mean Mod* I can do nothing but keep my hands away from the keyboard and satisfy your social needs.

Bat. We all don't want you to go. We just want you to behave. Thats all :)
knucklecrunchgames

Postby thecpu » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:26 pm

Let's get some things straight.

1. This isn't GameMaker, this is something that requires actual experience.
2. If you're going to make shit games, why do you promote them as good.
3. IMO, all of knux games look terrible, and I'm sure he tries to make them good, but stop being a tryhard and actually make a good game.
4. Ban the --- out of Ale if you want to, but it won't do your "community" any good.
5. Sky, it is your job to be a moderator, but you're doing a terrible job. Stop being so lighthearted. If someone is breaking rules constantly, don't just say "you need to stop," give them a tempban. Let people know you aren't just playing, tell them you're fucking serious.

@Knux:
You need to stop trying to make good games and sit down. Learn how to do C properly. Download GIMP or something, and for god's sake, get rid of mspaint and that godawful font you use on everything. Also this name, "MELEE SHOOT KABOOM!" makes you sound like you're 10. You might be 10. Grow a bit more professionalism and some real names.

Best of luck with your community.

/// thecpu - jarooda games developer ///
Application and Web Programming at Jarooda Games
thecpu

Score: 3 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development