exporting to bin

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

exporting to bin

Postby eyecreate » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:06 am

Just curious, ever since the source code was released for game-editor, I've been spending a little time here and there to try and make a usable "pro" version of game-editor for linux, something I had wanted since I started using it and why I haven't paid for it since. Now since the change of license has made me look at it again, I wanted to know if anyone can figure out why there never was one if there was a technical reason(sounds like a Q for makslane) because the code seems to not have anything "windows only" for creating the standalone games. I've been playing with the code, but I seem to only be able to get it to spit out the .ged file again. I tried compiling the "player" or standalone player in the makefiles, but it gives an error about resources when passing the .ged file on load. I'm no pro coder, so I didn't know if someone else knew a bit more about the kind of code that's there. It would seem to me that the standalone player is stored in the pro version as a "bin" kind of file that game-editor then bundles resources into, but I can't seem to figure it out in the code, too many SDL_RWops. :D
eyecreate

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: exporting to bin

Postby makslane » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:57 pm

The .bin file is a compressed version of the compiled standalone executable file.
You can create the .bin file by calling the function:

Code: Select all
GameControl::CreateEngines()
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Return to General