Skeet Shooting

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Skeet Shooting

Postby Jeisenga » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:04 am

SkeetShooting_SS.jpg
Check out my Skeet Shooting game.
To keep the file size low, I had to reduce the number of backdrops to 2 files. Backdrop is the scenery that you view when skeet shooting. The good news is that you can add your own backdrops. So it’s possible to have your personal pictures serve as backdrop in the game. Or you can download nice pictures from the internet. How to implement your pictures in the game is explained in the PDF file named: More Backdrops.pdf.
You can export the GED file as a DAT file and make it a part of a stand alone game, or you can export it as an EXE file, or you can run it as GED file in Game Editor.
Want to make the game easier or harder to play, read the PDF Change Game Speed.

Hope you will enjoy the game. Comments and bug reports are welcome.

Ps, It’s no use running the Skeet_Shooting.exe file without having a Skeet_Data.dat file in the same folder. So first export the Skeet_Data.exe file as a game Data, game level dat file. Even if you don’t add any more backdrops, read the More Backdrops pdf and follow the instructions about exporting.
Attachments
SkeetShooting_SS-2.jpg
Last edited by Jeisenga on Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:29 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Jeisenga

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Re: Skeet Shooting

Postby lcl » Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:02 pm

Hello!

I tried your game. You've done a good job, it feels like a finished product.

The game's only fault is that it becomes repetitive quite quickly. I believe this could be amended (to some degree) by adding variation to the flight paths of the targets. I don't mean adding more Game Editor Paths, but instead making their trajectories physics based, with gravity and randomized launch angle and speed.

And I think it would be good to add some difficulty curve. When playing at the novice / average difficulty settings the game was not going to end because it was too easy for me to hit enough targets. Perhaps the amount of targets you can miss should decrease close to 0 regardless of the difficulty setting, if one just goes through enough levels?

But overall, it's a quality effort. One of the songs is a Simon & Garfunkel medley, right? I recognized The Sound of Silence in there. :)

My High Score on Average difficulty:
Score: 22473
Hits: 148
Rounds: 100
Level: 10
Hits: 74%
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby Jeisenga » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:23 pm

You are right S&G. You know your classics. Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I'm still working on more variation in the game. Have not played the game much myself. Only for testing. The Pro is not to difficult now I tried it. Will increase it in the next update.
Jeisenga

Skeet Shooting version update 1-1

Postby Jeisenga » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:03 pm

Want to make the game easier or harder to play, read the PDF Change Game Speed.

Skeet-1-1:
Made the game harder to play. Also add an extra Skill level. In this Auto level, you start at Novice and increase skill after certain levels. Skeets can come from left and right. Also added 2 extra colours of skeets.

Hope you will enjoy the game. Comments and bug reports are welcome.

Ps, It’s no use running the Skeet_Shooting.exe file without having a Skeet_Data.dat file in the same folder. So first export the Skeet_Data.exe file as a game Data, game level dat file. Even if you don’t add any more backdrops, read the More Backdrops pdf and follow the instructions about exporting.
Attachments
Skeet_1-1.jpg
Skeet-1-1.zip
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 286 times
Skeet-1-1.z01
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 269 times
Skeet-1-1.z02
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 266 times
Last edited by MrJolteon on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged into the first topic.
Jeisenga

Postby MrJolteon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:40 pm

Please keep update posts within the same topic, it's cleaner and more convenient that way
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby Jeisenga » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:37 pm

The reason for the new post was, because the layout of the files were all over the place. Is there a way to add more files and place them at a certain location in the post?
Jeisenga

Postby MrJolteon » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:10 pm

Jeisenga wrote:The reason for the new post was, because the layout of the files were all over the place. Is there a way to add more files and place them at a certain location in the post?

It is! Just click this button under the attachment
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Return to Game Demos