Game Editor Preview

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Re: Game Editor Preview

Postby Rux » Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:22 pm

Hmm I noticed the black pieces arent net actors. So they cant be synchronized (unless they were left like that on purpose). Good Demo though. :)
I'm not good at coming up with signatures...
Rux

Score: 35 Give a positive score

Postby Freddy » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:53 am

I hope I never see the day when GE dies. It's introduced me to the world of programming. If there was anything I could do to help I would do it. Unfortunately my programming knowledge is very limited.

Best of luck, Makslane, I hope you get some answers to your requests.
Hola
Freddy

Score: 14 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:50 am

Thanks!
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby Just4Fun » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:53 am

Hi Makslane!

It has been a long time since I have posted here. I haven't been using GE much or even doing any programming for quite a while, but I still check the forum from time to time. We all had such fun in the beginning days of Game Editor.

I see that you have changed many things about GE. I wish that I could help you with your programming needs, but like so many others, I am just not a programmer of any strength. That is why I turned to Game Editor. I am always looking for software that will allow me to create without programming. As you know, scripting has never really fallen into place for me.

I'm impressed with the new user interface. I notice that it is quite similar to Scratch. I would love to see a program like Scratch that has the power to compile programs, but is easy to use. I like the concept of snap together blocks for coding.

I am sorry to read that you may give up developing GE further. It is a wonderful program. I spent many happy hours with it. You are a gifted programmer. If I could only have half your skill, I would be happy. :) Maybe then I could help you too!

Thank you for the years of work that you have put into GE and for all of your support for us who are members of the user community. I sincerely hope that you will find a good programmer who can help keep Game Editor going.

Rachel
I've learned that I still have a lot to learn.

** Makslane == Genious **
Just4Fun

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:17 pm

Rachel :-):-):-)

(If you "new users" don't know Rachel - Just4fun - She is one of the first GREAT users of the Game Editor with great contributions, including writing the user manual)

Good to hear you again :-)

As you can see, the development is slower than in the first Game Editor years, but still evolving.
The whole site can be edited by the users, the source code is public...

Just4Fun wrote:It has been a long time since I have posted here. I haven't been using GE much or even doing any programming for quite a while, but I still check the forum from time to time. We all had such fun in the beginning days of Game Editor.

Great :-)

I see that you have changed many things about GE. I wish that I could help you with your programming needs, but like so many others, I am just not a programmer of any strength. That is why I turned to Game EditorI am always looking for software that will allow me to create without programming. As you know, scripting has never really fallen into place for me. I'm impressed with the new user interface. I notice that it is quite similar to Scratch. I would love to see a program like Scratch that has the power to compile programs, but is easy to use. I like the concept of snap together blocks for coding.

The new interface, like Scratch and StartLogo TGN, uses an iconic programming metaphor.
In the early days, YOU have me inspired to make the Game Editor easier.
The idea behind the blocks (and other things I want to develop) is to allow the anyone to create games.
And (I haven't forgot your question about use Game Editor to make a database program) I hope some day Game Editor can create other kind of programs too.
(I know, is a dream, but is possible!)

I am sorry to read that you may give up developing GE further. It is a wonderful program. I spent many happy hours with it. You are a gifted programmer. If I could only have half your skill, I would be happy. :) Maybe then I could help you too!

I've make the source code public to not let the Game Editor die, even if I stop the program by myself.

Thank you for the years of work that you have put into GE and for all of your support for us who are members of the user community. I sincerely hope that you will find a good programmer who can help keep Game Editor going.

I hope find a lot of programmers :-)
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby jimmynewguy » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:54 pm

i know rachel (but i doubt i'm known.....)
i was here back when i guess you could say "the glory days" of GE where here. Just hadn't really joined yet, i learned as much as i could without even having the program (my dad wouldn't let me download it) so when i did join i was able to do some stuff and not seem like a total noob to her and d-soilder and sparky.....and pretty much everyone else :lol: hey rachel......stick around! :D
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Postby Thanx » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Hi
This looks really exciting!
Though this has been more of an interface tour for me: I tried to open one of my games and Game Editor crashed XD
I opened the checkers game, and went through a game, and tested what happened in the Schematic tab, and after I played half a game of checker, I got 2 rounded boxes: white & black (the two actors) and there were 2 arrows pointing towards black, one beeing 4: Move To and the other being 6: Change Animation...
Interesting, but how is it supposed to work?

Too bad this is too unstable... I also wish I had the time to help developing... I'd need a 5-year-long summer for that...
This is really a great project... I wish good fortune for it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyXexDJBv58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be4__gww1xQ
These are me and playing the piano (second one with a friend/fellow student)
Hope you watch and enjoy!
Thanx

Score: 24 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:10 am

Thanks!
makslane
Site Admin

Postby Superbeni » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:44 am

It looks great, i hope you will finish it!

makslane wrote: I hope some day Game Editor can create other kind of programs too.

You can create other programms, I made a (very easy) calculator, but i think there are no limits, if i would spend more time.

Great work, please don´t stop!
Superbeni

Score: 31 Give a positive score

Postby j2graves » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:17 pm

will this new version fix some of the errors there are when running Game Editor on Vista?

on Vista, +/= , {, } and right shift don't work.
No games to my name...
j2graves

Score: 19 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:34 am

Yes
makslane
Site Admin

Postby j2graves » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:59 am

that's good, cause my biggest problem right now is vista trouble. =P
No games to my name...
j2graves

Score: 19 Give a positive score

Postby Kalladdolf » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:43 am

My absolute favorite is gonna be the iPhone port. The AppStore is just one of the most awesome markets out there. Some developers have earned thousand bucks a week by selling a 1 dollar game on it.
Kalladdolf

Score: 120 Give a positive score

Postby MrJolteon » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:32 am

That behavior editor reminded me of Scratch.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby Fojam » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:36 pm

It kind of reminds me of this on 3D game maker called Alice
CLICK TO GIVE ME POINTS

My Latest Projects:
Super Smash Bros: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12307 PLEASE help by making sprites!
Fojam

Score: 69 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to General