when is ge latest coming

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

when is ge latest coming

Postby XclusiveGames » Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:59 pm

Hi guys,i need ta know
when is the latest version of ge comming
Masscreations.
XGames

Under Development
XclusiveGames

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Re: when is ge latest coming

Postby skydereign » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:44 pm

The reason 1.5 has not been released is that we are trying to integrate the physics and new collision system in the best possible way. If we released last year, scaling and rotation would have been only for physics actors, and normal actors could not interact with the new collision system (which is a lot more efficient). So, there are still things that are being improved and things that need to be changed. We hope to get it out soon, but I don't think we have a definite date.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:48 am

I wonder if I should take a gamble and wait to create Dark Hole until 1.5 comes out, or if I should just make it with 1.4.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:15 am

NightOfHorror wrote:I wonder if I should take a gamble and wait to create Dark Hole until 1.5 comes out, or if I should just make it with 1.4.

Considering you are trying to amass a bigger team than most successful indie game studios (using unpaid workers) and you have almost no story/gameplay/and other logistics planned out (which is vital to have if you want a successful coordinated group effort) yes, you should wait. It'll take several months before you'll be fully ready to start working on the final version, and by that time 1.5 will have been released.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:23 am

Oh yeah, of course. I am working on a design document today. Thank you sky.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Return to General