Hello Everyone

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Hello Everyone

Postby brainscanCpp » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Hello, I'd like to introduce myself.
My name is Kyle and I have been using GE since 2009. This is my first time registering on this forum even though I use GE.
I read on the forum where thedeveloper is claiming to be making Exporters.
I think he full of crap. I am an Advanced C/C++ Programmer and have making my version of GE Customized to suit my needs.
I like the current exporters GE v1.4 comes with but If people want exporters for things like HTML 5 and SWF Flash I can make them.
What most people don't understand is that the GE Code base contains everything.
Some of the Exporters are just compiled versions of GE using the $(Standalone_Pro) base config.
I will contact makslane and see if he would like me to make some exporters for GE to give away with the next version or upload them for people to download. Also I read that thedeveloper wanted to remove the GE powered splash. He must not be a real programmer because thats easy to do because makslane provides the full source code not just part of the code. Thats Why I love GE and NO I never bought a license to GE because I don't use it for commercial purposes If I did then of course I would buy a license. I think GE is a powerful game making tool and thats why I like it.
If anyone wants me to make exporters for HTML5, SFW Flash and Gameboy Advance then post a reply on this forum and I'll start work on them. I'm not going to lie and say it will only take a week like thedeveloper but I can promise to have them done as soon as possible. I will contact the developer of GE and I'll let everyone know what he says. 8)
brainscanCpp

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby again » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:31 pm

Ok you said you have modified game editor to suit your needs. Can you upload your modified version ? Since you said you dont make commercial games then you should have no problem uploading it for the benefit of the users here.
Also just to test your knowlegde a little what does this code do

If(canjump==1)
(
yvelocity=-17;
canjump=0;
)
Free windows mobile games like doodle jump and super mario bros
http://krenisis.freeforums.org/
again

Score: 33 Give a positive score

Postby schnellboot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:08 pm

I think it's thedeveloper with anotehr username XD
schnellboot

Score: 102 Give a positive score

Postby again » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:12 pm

Yeah he seems to have trouble figuring out this code , he probaly searching the internet for answers. Hahahaha Iam laughing my fcking a$$ off lol
again

Postby again » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 am

Ok here is a simple question what does this code mean

x+=10;

or how do you add an actor

1) X+=c;

or

U(can/kis=m^)A$;
again

Postby brainscanCpp » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:47 am

excuse me?

I'm not thedeveloper and I don't have to answer any of your stupid velocity questions.

I use GE for personal use and no I won't upload my modified version. If you want to test my C++ Skills just ask me where the GE Splash is located.
I am very offended and will talk to makslane about this.

People shouldn't treat people like this specially on an community project like GE.

I'm very offended and you guys should be a shamed of your selves. This is not right.

Since nobody wants the exporters then I won't make them. I am completely happy with GE just the way it is.
I'm also going to pm akr and report you all for being so mean.

This makes me want to stay away from this forum.

Sorry if you don't like me. I did nothing wrong. I'm a family man and work all the time to support my family. I went to Mizzu Columbia College in Columbia Missouri and took Computer Science and Software Engineering.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Sincerely,

Kyle Higgins
brainscanCpp

Postby skydereign » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:19 am

You guys should at least give him a chance. Innocent until proven guilty is a good policy. If he turns out to be thedevloper, than it doesn't matter to us, as nothing will happen. But if he isn't, and you treat him like this, there'll be no chance of the port. All I'd ask, is if you have spiteful comments or the like, please keep them to yourself, at least until you have proof. Anyway, we'd probably find out pretty quickly if he was thedeveloper.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby brainscanCpp » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:30 am

thank you. I promise everyone that I'm not thedeveloper.

I received an pm and will start working on the SWF Export.

To everyone who believes me, This will take some time do finish but I will be using a VS 2008 Pro SWF SDK that I have found. When the export is done I will upload the source code for other developers.
brainscanCpp

Postby AliceXIII » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:38 am

I personally believe we shouldn't go around the forums trying to police them..

if he makes the exports then it would be great for us, if he doesn't thats his choice.

but if we go around attacking members because of our personal suspicions then that makes this forum look bad if you have suspicions about a member and his motive's it's better to take you concern up with a moderator and if anything seems odd im sure he would be monitored and removed if his intention's weren't good.

i know ya'll want to keep the forum a clean place but you do make it look bad when you post things like that..
"Taking a breath of fresh air."
AliceXIII

Score: 37 Give a positive score

Postby brainscanCpp » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:42 am

thank you AliceXIII...
brainscanCpp

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:25 am

I believe you. You admit to it taking long time to make exporters. I will be glad to test out GBA exporter if needed.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:26 am

Also I live in Missouri too.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby AnarchCassius » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:11 am

Here's hoping this pans out. I would love to be able to do web versions of games and GBA would be awesome. Dated, but I still love that system. Let me know if you need testing.

Also I think we should ease up on the suspicion a bit, nothing about his post was implausible and I don't see anything to loose.
AnarchCassius

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby rykein » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:41 am

hey if this works out then ge will be instantly popular! I mean who would download a game and be uber convinced they want to make a game with a tool. if you give it to them in there browser than hey, why not try it. then we have them trapped :wink: , they see the excelence that is our game and say woah, I want to do that. of course it might not happen, but hey I'm not around much so not too big of a deal. anyway we got iphone stuff, pretty shweet already. good luck!
rykein

Score: 6 Give a positive score

Postby Kodo » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:27 pm

Welcome brainscanCpp. Besides your timing you've said nothing that would lead me to believe that you are not sincere. The problem with thedeveloper, was that he made claims that were provably wrong. Exposing himself as a fraud. I wish you the best of luck with your projects and exporters. While I have no interest in HTML 5 and SWF Flash exporters myself but they would be good for the community and GEs future. Please keep us updated on your progress :)
Inogames: http://www.inogames.com iOS gaming
Firetop Adventure (app store): http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/firetop- ... ?mt=8&ls=1
Kodo

Score: 23 Give a positive score

Next

Return to General