Mode 7

Don't know how to make something and can't find a tutorial? Ask for one here.

Mode 7

Postby barney12345 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:13 am

Hello every one.

I am fully aware of most of the major restrictions with GE, mainly the fact it is only 2d if you don't spend a year on coding, but I have come to realise that this was the same problem Nintendo had 20 years ago on their NES. And their solution to their problem was to use Mode 7(more details here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mode_7). This solution helped them create Super Mario Kart on a pretty basic console.
Now, I am not asking for someone to create a SMK clone, that would be silly. All I am asking is if they could come up with a Mode 7 run through and how to achieve with GE. And as I know that this would include using rotation and scaling, I am prepared to wait for the next update of GE which would probably be easier to use for this idea.

Now if Mode 7 is impossible, please don't rage like others have done in the past to those who think 3D is possible
Thanks in advance
Darth Vader called... he wants his cookies back
barney12345

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Re: Mode 7

Postby AliceXIII » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:00 am

"Taking a breath of fresh air."
AliceXIII

Score: 37 Give a positive score

Postby barney12345 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks for that link. Only problem is every link involved didn't work on that page. So now that I know that it is possible, can some one make a brief tutorial on it plz
Darth Vader called... he wants his cookies back
barney12345

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Postby AliceXIII » Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:30 pm

The little blue words Mode7.zip in the attachments link has the data folder and .ged for his mode 7 example.

please don't rage like others have done in the past to those who think 3D is possible.

Their's been a couple of examples on the forums of some 2D techniques that give the perception of 3D it's not that it's not possible it's just complex and most of the time it doesn't suit GE well except for lcl's and feral's work.
"Taking a breath of fresh air."
AliceXIII

Score: 37 Give a positive score

Return to Tutorial Requests