Dimension 55355 - source code

Post here your demos and examples with the source files.
Forum rules
Always post the games with a screenshot.
The file must have the ged and data files (complete game source)
Use the forum attachment to post the files.
It is always better to use the first post to put the game files

Re: Dimension 55355 (FULL GAME) - source code (final update)

Postby lcl » Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:16 am

Thanks a lot supatails! :D
What level you are at?

Now that message was something to give me a good start for the day (it's morning here).
:)
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby Zivouhr » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:19 am

This looks like a cool game with retro style graphics. 8)
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:21 pm

Haha thanks :D Did you play it? If you did, please remember that this is my first ever finished game project. (I had numerous others before this one, but all those ended up unfinished.)
lcl

Postby Zivouhr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:32 am

lcl wrote:Haha thanks :D Did you play it? If you did, please remember that this is my first ever finished game project. (I had numerous others before this one, but all those ended up unfinished.)

I'm a big fan of Pac Man style graphics (colecovision, atari, etc), so this looks like fun. And great job completing the game also! The initial thrill of planning out a new game is the fun part, but the hard work to complete the game is where all of the credit goes to you. Well done. 8)

Testing it out now. Cool intro music!

EDIT: Just got through the first key door! I had to read the controls to know pressing X changes the color of the main character. Cool puzzle game. I will see how far I can get before the end of December. Thanks Lcl! 8)
Zivouhr

Postby lcl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:45 am

Zivouhr wrote:And great job completing the game also! The initial thrill of planning out a new game is the fun part, but the hard work to complete the game is where all of the credit goes to you. Well done. 8)

Thanks, and yes, that is so true.

Zivouhr wrote:I had to read the controls to know pressing X changes the color of the main character. Cool puzzle game. I will see how far I can get before the end of December.

Yeah, the controls are a bit unusual, I have to admit. :P Good luck with the game, it can be quite challenging at times. (And even kinda unfair at some levels :roll: )
Oh, and by the way, if you didn't figure it out already, if you run out of lives, you don't need to start over! Just select Load game from the main menu and continue from the level you were at before dying. The game may be near impossible without using this feature.

If you will see how far you can get in this game before the end of December, maybe I could give Tomb of Twelve another try, this time slowly working my way through it, instead of trying to run through it :D
lcl

Postby Zivouhr » Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:28 pm

Thanks. I'm at the part where you have to switch colors midfall to keep the character from hitting the spikes, so it's tricky. Nice variety of puzzles here also from room to room. I have to check the code to see why the text isn't appearing. The pacman icon appears, but no text. I'll check it out and see if maybe a different font will be compatible with my system.
Zivouhr

Postby lcl » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:21 pm

Zivouhr wrote:I have to check the code to see why the text isn't appearing. The pacman icon appears, but no text. I'll check it out and see if maybe a different font will be compatible with my system.

I guess that the problem only occurs with the .ged, not the exported version of the game?

What GE version are using to open the project, the 1.4.1 beta or the previous full version of GE? The 1.4.1 seems to sometimes lose the fonts used. The font that is supposed to be loaded is in the data folder, you can load it back manually in Game Editor.

For me the font works in exported game and in game editor, 1.4.1 as well as 1.4.0. I've really got no idea what is causing the error for you. :/
lcl

Postby Zivouhr » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:37 am

lcl wrote:
Zivouhr wrote:I have to check the code to see why the text isn't appearing. The pacman icon appears, but no text. I'll check it out and see if maybe a different font will be compatible with my system.

I guess that the problem only occurs with the .ged, not the exported version of the game?

What GE version are using to open the project, the 1.4.1 beta or the previous full version of GE? The 1.4.1 seems to sometimes lose the fonts used. The font that is supposed to be loaded is in the data folder, you can load it back manually in Game Editor.

For me the font works in exported game and in game editor, 1.4.1 as well as 1.4.0. I've really got no idea what is causing the error for you. :/

Thanks Lcl. I'll give that a try next time I load it up. Cool game!
Zivouhr

Postby nightFall16 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:19 am

hi lcl , the ged file isn't working !!! it opens but i cant run the game inside the engine , wired right ??
nightFall16

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:03 am

nightFall16 wrote:hi lcl , the ged file isn't working !!! it opens but i cant run the game inside the engine , wired right ??

Let me guess.. It crashes when you select "New Game" in the game menu? And I'm also guessing that you're using GE 1.4.1 beta? The crash is caused by a bug in the 1.4.1 beta. The file i/o functions don't work in that version of GE on Windows, and trying to use them makes the program crash. So, you will have to run this game in the old, 1.4.0 version of Game Editor. :)
lcl

Re: Dimension 55355 - source code

Postby Ehman » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:43 pm

I like This Game PLS will you teach me how to make GAMES :?: :?:
Last edited by Ehman on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ehman

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: Dimension 55355 - source code

Postby tdmxross » Tue May 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Ehman wrote:I Lyk This Your PUZZLE GAME PLS WILL you teach me how to make PUZZLE GAMES????? :?: :?:

if you want any help, just let me know and i will make a tutorial for you :D
GE is better than every single game engine
tdmxross

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to Game Demos