Can I build an apk file using DOSBox app for android?

Learn how to start making games.

Can I build an apk file using DOSBox app for android?

Postby RadThadd » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:38 am

Hi (y')all, I was wondering how to make an android app with the original instructions, but with DOSBox on android. Is it possible? If so, where is the SDK folder in my android device?
RadThadd

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: Can I build an apk file using DOSBox app for android?

Postby simranjit » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:13 pm

Hi RadThadd,
I am not an expert, but afaik you need Android SDK, geAndroid, Apache Ant and JDK to build an apk file.
Even if you are able to run the commands from dosBox, I wonder if Android Build Tools and Apache Ant would be completely compatible with it. Often there are build errors...
And finally the JDK isn't available for android platform. You can use apps such as AIDE or JavaIDEdroid, but they won't work as they aren't accessible by dosBox commands. Terminal IDE is an exception, it may do the job, but I haven't tried it. You can experiment if you wish.

And your answer- You need to download the SDK and manually place it on your sdcard. By this you'll be able to acces SDK using appropriate command.
simranjit

Location: Earth, The Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way
Score: 21 Give a positive score

Re: Can I build an apk file using DOSBox app for android?

Postby RadThadd » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:20 pm

simranjit wrote:Hi RadThadd,
I am not an expert, but afaik you need Android SDK, geAndroid, Apache Ant and JDK to build an apk file.
Even if you are able to run the commands from dosBox, I wonder if Android Build Tools and Apache Ant would be completely compatible with it. Often there are build errors...
And finally the JDK isn't available for android platform. You can use apps such as AIDE or JavaIDEdroid, but they won't work as they aren't accessible by dosBox commands. Terminal IDE is an exception, it may do the job, but I haven't tried it. You can experiment if you wish.

And your answer- You need to download the SDK and manually place it on your sdcard. By this you'll be able to acces SDK using appropriate command.

I thought so. I was gonna ask that, let me know if it works.
RadThadd

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Return to Getting Started