Rotating Actors

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

Rotating Actors

Postby bamby1983 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:06 am

One of the features I would like to see in GE is a way to rotate an actor so that we do not need to load multiple animations for different angles. Broadly speaking, it should be enough to have a single "angle" variable so that there is a standard GE function on the following lines available:

Rotate("Actor Name", Angle);

It would save a lot of effort for those top-down shooter games where a smooth animation a very large number of animations for every animation sequence in the game.
bamby1983

Score: 8 Give a positive score

Re: Rotating Actors

Postby skydereign » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:11 am

This has actually already been implemented in version 1.5. We just need to get 1.5 working enough to release.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby bamby1983 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:33 pm

Yay! :D

Any idea what the release date would be (weeks/months/a year)?
bamby1983

Score: 8 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:06 pm

That's a hard question. It really depends on how much extra time akr has to work on gE. I've been trying to figure out the physics set up so I can help work on fixing up the usability of it, but really akr is the one that has done all the physics implementation. Most of my time (which still isn't much) working on the gE source has been going into editor improvements and bug fixes. I would say though that it is still on the order of months before you will see rotation/scaling/physics in gE.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby themightymekon » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi Skydereign,

This thread is a couple of years old now.

Is the rotation implemented in the current issue of GE, and if so, please give a simple example?

If this was answered before please give a link to the thread as this was all I can find.

Regards,
themightymekon
themightymekon

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Return to Feature Requests