GE 1.5 preview (MacOSX/Win)

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Re: GE 1.5 preview (MacOSX/Win)

Postby benzoe590 » Sat May 04, 2013 2:23 pm

skydereign wrote:
benzoe590 wrote:I can't export my game using this new update. I'm trying to export it as an exe but it's not exporting. Please help! I don't want to use this current version until there is a patch or somebody figures out what I'm doing wrong.

1.5 is not a full release. This version does not export games, and is only meant for trying out the new physics implementation.

Thanks! That really helps!
benzoe590

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby m93c » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 pm

I know this is the 1000000 question about this argument but, when a new release?
m93c

Postby skydereign » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:29 pm

m93c wrote:I know this is the 1000000 question about this argument but, when a new release?

It'll be a while. 1.5 is not being worked on right now. akr was the only one actually working on implementing the new features, and as he has stopped, and it is pretty well broken. The Linux version is not working at all right now, and even the other builds don't work as they should. It'll take me a long while to get all that cleaned up and running. I will however be releasing an improved version of 1.4 pretty soon.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:36 am

skydereign wrote:I will however be releasing an improved version of 1.4 pretty soon.

That's some awesome news! :)
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby m93c » Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Great! :D
I hope that this new version will fix the lags that I have in game mode with GE 1.4
m93c

Postby Lacotemale » Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:30 am

Sky what improvements will this 1.4 version have over the old 1.4 version?

I really am looking forward to this new build!
Lacotemale

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:46 pm

m93c wrote:I hope that this new version will fix the lags that I have in game mode with GE 1.4

For the new version it's not going to include any of the performance boosts that 1.5 was going to have. That'll be for later versions. If you are having performance issues, you might be able to get that fixed by improving the code in your game.

Lacotemale wrote:Sky what improvements will this 1.4 version have over the old 1.4 version?

I'll make a topic for it pretty soon, but it'll have a bunch of editor improvements, new functions, and the like. Some things that are definitely going to be in it are keyboard shortcuts, the missing 2 functions (DestroyTimer2, getAnimIndex2, getAnimName2, getclone2, and perhaps more that I'm forgetting). I've fixed a fair few of the bugs as well.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:54 pm

skydereign wrote:I'll make a topic for it pretty soon, but it'll have a bunch of editor improvements, new functions, and the like. Some things that are definitely going to be in it are keyboard shortcuts, the missing 2 functions (DestroyTimer2, getAnimIndex2, getAnimName2, getclone2, and perhaps more that I'm forgetting). I've fixed a fair few of the bugs as well.

Awesome!
lcl

Postby Lacotemale » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:38 pm

I'll make a topic for it pretty soon, but it'll have a bunch of editor improvements, new functions, and the like. Some things that are definitely going to be in it are keyboard shortcuts, the missing 2 functions (DestroyTimer2, getAnimIndex2, getAnimName2, getclone2, and perhaps more that I'm forgetting). I've fixed a fair few of the bugs as well.

Thanks Sky! \o/
Lacotemale

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Postby Jagmaster » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Being a keyboard junkie myself, I'm very anxiously awaiting these updates.

Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:01 am

Jagmaster wrote:Being a keyboard junkie myself, I'm very anxiously awaiting these updates.

Haha, so am I. Getting keyboard shortcuts to GE is just awesome! =)
lcl

Postby Zivouhr » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:29 am

I'll have to check this out, first time I found this page about a GE 1.5 with scaling, rotation for PC/Mac. 8) Even if it can't be exported as a game, still would be neat to see. Otherwise, scaling and rotation can be handled manually through animation.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby simranjit » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:16 pm

So I built gE 1.5 (debug-old interface project named gameEditor) from source code at http://sourceforge.net/p/game-editor/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/ after resolving 3-4 errors in 3 projects (staticSDL, engine and gameEditor). It compiled successfully and a gameEditor.exe file was created in output directory. When I ran it, it normally showed up the Welcome dialog box. But here comes the problem when I try add any actor when it crashes on the final step of adding actor i.e click on 'Add' button. It crashes when trying to load any ged file provided with source or any created with previous version. I know its just a preview but still what I can see from this entire thread is that it worked atleast much more than this. So whats wrong?
Here is what I did and how I resovled errors.
I'm using using msvs2008 pro (what devs were using)
First of all, I placed missing files : dsound.h , ddraw.h, d3dtypes.h and dinput.h in the directory:
[main dir]\SDL\SDL\src\video\windx5
Then I manually placed the file dxguid.lib in appropriate dir.
{I know downloading the entire directx sdk is recommended but this one works and resolved the errors, so... }
There were two syntax errors in scrap.c file of engine like this:
error C2061: syntax error: identifier 'scrap_type' | line 35
error C2059: syntax error: ';' | line 35

Piece of code of scrap.c (line 33 to 38):
Code: Select all
/* System dependent data types */
//typedef Atom scrap_type;
typedef uint32_t scrap_type; // here is the error

#if defined(X11_SCRAP)
/* * */

So after comparing it to the scrap.c file in source of gE 1.4.0 , I changed it to:

Code: Select all
/* System dependent data types */
//typedef Atom scrap_type;
#if defined(X11_SCRAP)
/* * */
typedef uint32_t scrap_type; // the error is resolved

After doing all this there were no errors but it did crash on actions mentioned above.
And with msvs2008 instance running, when we do such a crash to happen, the debugger tells about an unhandled exception in gldebug.cpp | line 80
check the file here http://sourceforge.net/p/game-editor/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/kyra/util/gldebug.h
However the paths, activation regions and all other menus along with the actor control panel for view worked fine.
So finally, can anyone find out whats wrong? How to eliminate this exception thrown?

The debug build:
Attachments
GE1.5.zip
(2 MiB) Downloaded 188 times
Everyone is bound to one's sphere of knowledge.
What he finds inside it, terms it as reality. And what is far beyond his reach, an illusion for him. But sometimes illusions can be a reality and reality merely an illusion.
simranjit

Location: Earth, The Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Orion–Cygnus Arm, Milky Way
Score: 21 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to General