ZDepth Exports Differently on PC, Mac, Linux?

You must understand the Game Editor concepts, before post here.

ZDepth Exports Differently on PC, Mac, Linux?

Postby Zivouhr » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:57 am

Hi fellow Game Editors,

Does Game Editor export games differently for the Zdepth, depending on whether it's for PC Windows, Mac or Linux?

ZDEPTH TEST:
I'm working on my main game (City of Rott "Beat 'em up brawler like Streets of Rage"), but one of the game testers of the demo version mentioned something about it where the zombies disappear often completely from sight, but still hurt the player as if they were visible. While it's being developed on Mac, the gamer tested it on a PC I believe. Just wondering if Game Editor exports differently depending on the operating system, PC vs Mac vs Linux, resulting in different amounts of zdepth per operating system?

If not, I'm wondering why it works perfectly on my computer but not on theirs? Why are the zombies/enemies disappearing on his system but not on mine?

To test the depth, I created a simple test of the zdepth that I am using in the brawler game, where moving down brings the player or enemy to the foreground, and moving up moves them back into the background, behind other objects in front of them, to simulate depth.

Exports for PC, Mac and Linux, with a black background just to see if the PC version exports in a way that the 30 enemies disappear from sight behind the black background on PC, but not on Mac or Linux I'm guessing.

Controls: Arrow Keys, left up down right.
Enemies: Follow player slowly to demonstrate depth based on y position.

Your feedback on whether all 30 enemies continue to appear in PC, Mac and linux exports is appreciated, thanks!
If they disappear from sight while the player is onscreen, let me know, thank you. 8)

GEDzdepthtester.zip
(6.15 KiB) Downloaded 128 times

GED:

zdepthtester.exe
(1.38 MiB) Downloaded 128 times

PC Windows

zdepthtesterlinux.zip
(737.62 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

Linux

zdepthtesterMac.zip
(938.26 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

Mac