WINTER BLAST REMAX - Beta Updated 15 June 2012

Talk about making games.

Re: WINTER BLAST REMAX - Beta Updated 15 June 2012

Postby master0500 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:41 pm

j2graves wrote:also, I think you should keep some of the combos, just not all of them. Up + j and Down + j are good ones, but Side + j is not because it can be done by accident. You get what I'm saying?

hmm, i think i prefer all of them :?
master0500

Score: 27 Give a positive score

Postby j2graves » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:50 pm

I've recently encountered some glitches.

I was playing WBR a long time one day, and suddenly I couldn't level up anymore. I went and looked at the character summary, and it said "Next Exp: -1000" .
After a while, I stopped the game, and started up again another time, and suddenly I leveled up a lot of times at once.

Also, I recently got a dialogue box that said "Strange behavior detected" and then the game closed. What is that?
No games to my name...
j2graves

Score: 19 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:29 pm

Are you still going to use my side quests that I made for the game.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby Bee-Ant » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:56 am

@j2graves: Oh, that bug has already been fixed. Timer error I guess, which accumulates the number decrement until bellow zero.

"strange behaviour detected" message originally will only appear if you try to hack the game. Prevent it by quiting the game. But in a rare occasion, it will appear if it detects some leaked variables that will or might make certain error to the game. To begin with, I made it specially to counter CheatEngine users. But I guess it becomes handy by handling leaked variables as well :)

@NoH: Sure. But if I don't use them in this version then I will use them in the future version. My plan is to use half of the quests first, and save the rest for the next.
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Okay, thanks. :)
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Postby j2graves » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:36 pm

There'll be sidequests? Will there be bonus Exp. for completing one?

And speaking of Exp, could you add an item to the shops that increases Exp? It's alright if it's expensive, I just want more ways to level up. :)
No games to my name...
j2graves

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Look at my sidequests in this topic. You can see the different rewards you get from there. I mean, I am sure you most likely won't get the most powerful magic or a powerful partner, but some of mine, if I am right, was money, which I would say is reasonable.
NightOfHorror

Postby Bee-Ant » Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:13 am

@j2graves: What? Exp earning item is pretty... I don't know. Probably illegal :P
Actually there's an item to levelup called "Starpow", it's price is 10,000 and usable already. The problem is I didn't put it in the shop so there's no way to get it. I guess you can recruit "Silvet" with "Thief" ability... but it's so random.
Bee-Ant

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:20 am

What will you do after WBR, start WBQ, take a long break, eat a cookie, and if you do WBQ, then will it be the same idea. Also, F.U.R should still be up for grabs for WBD.
NightOfHorror

Postby Bee-Ant » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:37 am

Haha
For sure, yes. Will make the 4th series, Winter Blast Quatro.
Still can't reveal the rest though... ;)
Bee-Ant

Postby NightOfHorror » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:15 am

I just asked because sometimes people plan a game, and then after a long time of making it, they decide to retire the series. I remember last time I was talking about stuff for WBQ, I thought it would WBR would be done soon, and that was a year ago. :lol: I know it is because you are busy.
NightOfHorror

Postby j2graves » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:17 pm

Well, I've come to the end of the demo, and I've got some new feedback.

It mostly involves the party system. I love having a party to back me up, but there are some things that need fixing.

1. If a party member is lagging behind, gets stuck, or can't move after spawning, they'll hold the screen back, not allowing me to continue. Like if I want to go right, and a party member is stuck at the left of the screen, I can't keep going. this can get annoying sometimes.

2. Sometimes my party is too powerful. Like, I want to try and level up by defeating enemies, so I go to fight someone, but my party goes and defeats them before I can even throw a punch. And when they're not overly powerful, they've got suicidal confidence. Like, some enemies I want to ignore, and just run past, but my party will attack them and get defeated. I don't know how to fix this, does anyone have any ideas? Maybe it isn't even a problem and I'm just nitpicking. I don't know.

3. When I switch to another member in my party, often I'll get the "strange behavior" message, and the game will close.

I have an idea too. what if there was a "party call" button? like, you press a key, and your party leader makes a whistling noise, and your party will drop what they're doing and come to you. Either they won't fight anyone for a limited time, or perhaps they'll go back to fighting when you press the party call key again. Anyone else like this idea?
No games to my name...
j2graves

Postby master0500 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:33 am

j2graves wrote:Well, I've come to the end of the demo, and I've got some new feedback.

It mostly involves the party system. I love having a party to back me up, but there are some things that need fixing.

1. If a party member is lagging behind, gets stuck, or can't move after spawning, they'll hold the screen back, not allowing me to continue. Like if I want to go right, and a party member is stuck at the left of the screen, I can't keep going. this can get annoying sometimes.

2. Sometimes my party is too powerful. Like, I want to try and level up by defeating enemies, so I go to fight someone, but my party goes and defeats them before I can even throw a punch. And when they're not overly powerful, they've got suicidal confidence. Like, some enemies I want to ignore, and just run past, but my party will attack them and get defeated. I don't know how to fix this, does anyone have any ideas? Maybe it isn't even a problem and I'm just nitpicking. I don't know.

3. When I switch to another member in my party, often I'll get the "strange behavior" message, and the game will close.

I have an idea too. what if there was a "party call" button? like, you press a key, and your party leader makes a whistling noise, and your party will drop what they're doing and come to you. Either they won't fight anyone for a limited time, or perhaps they'll go back to fighting when you press the party call key again. Anyone else like this idea?

agreed
master0500

Postby Bee-Ant » Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:54 pm

I'm very thank you with the feedbacks.

j2graves wrote:1. If a party member is lagging behind, gets stuck, or can't move after spawning, they'll hold the screen back, not allowing me to continue. Like if I want to go right, and a party member is stuck at the left of the screen, I can't keep going. this can get annoying sometimes.

The spwaning bug has been fixed in the current version (which is not uploaded yet) :)

j2graves wrote:2. Sometimes my party is too powerful. Like, I want to try and level up by defeating enemies, so I go to fight someone, but my party goes and defeats them before I can even throw a punch. And when they're not overly powerful, they've got suicidal confidence. Like, some enemies I want to ignore, and just run past, but my party will attack them and get defeated. I don't know how to fix this, does anyone have any ideas? Maybe it isn't even a problem and I'm just nitpicking. I don't know.

Actually I want to add one more page in the summary called "Strategy". It will contain how your party will act or interact. Currently there are 4 options: "follow leader", "collect coins", "avoid enemy", and "attack enemy". But I don't know whether I will be able to implement this feature at this time or not. Well, you know... it's getting huge and hard for me to handle everything on my own quickly.

j2graves wrote:3. When I switch to another member in my party, often I'll get the "strange behavior" message, and the game will close.

This bug should have been fixed too in the current version :)

j2graves wrote:I have an idea too. what if there was a "party call" button? like, you press a key, and your party leader makes a whistling noise, and your party will drop what they're doing and come to you. Either they won't fight anyone for a limited time, or perhaps they'll go back to fighting when you press the party call key again. Anyone else like this idea?

Thank you. I will try to implement, but I can't promise ;)
Bee-Ant

Postby master0500 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:25 am

is this still being worked on?
master0500

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development