Pathing

iPhone/iPod/iPad specific questions and discussion

Pathing

Postby praaab » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:16 pm

Hi its praaab, im starting a new game called Pathing. Of course its going to be for the iphone. the game will be a cube placed towards the bottom middle of the screen. There will be only one path way to go through and to move the cube you have to tilt your ios device left and right to move it left and right. Now making random generator of a pathway through this wall I'm honestly not sure how to handle it this way. Because I do know that this engine can have some memory management issues so how can I do it with it. Any tips please?
Heres an image of the game play if this helps you out of the way it works.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 12.20.53 AM.png
praaab

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: Pathing

Postby skydereign » Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:05 pm

Please don't make duplicate posts. If you don't get any response, just bump the topic.
praaab wrote:Because I do know that this engine can have some memory management issues so how can I do it with it.

You shouldn't be running into memory issues at all. This game is really simple, and the only reason you start running into slowdown issues is from too many actors, canvas, or too much transparency. If all you want is a path, you can create the blocks to the right of the screen. For this, at most six actors that make up the blocks should exist. You first create two of them to the right of the screen, with the lower one having the same y as the first plus height of the block and the size of the path. Give them a negative xvelocity, and as they go off screen to the left, destroy them.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby praaab » Sun Mar 17, 2013 11:06 pm

Im sorry sky im really trying to visualize what your talking about but i just cant to seem to understand what your trying to explain can you be more descriptive?
praaab

Postby praaab » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:09 am

heres the other pic
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-03-16 at 12.20.53 AM.png
praaab

Return to iOS