Who is the most responsible gE member?

Anything that doesn't belong in the other forums.

Who is best for the next moderator?

MrJolteon
31%
Lcl
38%
Bat78
31%
Others
No votes

Total votes : 16

Who is the most responsible gE member?

Postby DeltaLeeds » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:31 pm

This topic is for continuing posts from: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=13620 since posting in that topic about something this important is a bit off. xP
Added a little poll as well. ;)
EDIT: Removed Bee-Ant from the list, sorry for adding you man. Just thought you'd be a good candidate. :oops:
EDIT 2: Please revote, I didn't know removing people from the list would reset the votes. xD
EDIT 3: Changed topic title.
Last edited by DeltaLeeds on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Re: Next gEF moderator candidate?

Postby Bee-Ant » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Mind to remove me from the list please? :|
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Fri Jul 24, 2015 3:47 pm

Bee-Ant wrote:Mind to remove me from the list please? :|

Why? You're on constantly, and moderators just check for spam posts in the forum. Shouldn't be too big of a deal.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Postby bat78 » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:01 pm

I'm afraid he isn't on constantly, because he wants to mod, Jon.

(Also that's not true that Jolteon is the one who onlines the most, I am. Me and you both know Jolteon SLEEPS and I usually don't. If I could vote for myself I would still vote for Jolteon instead)

Also this thread is kind of.. useless. Only makslane has the powers to appoint anyone of us as something more, regarding the forums.
And sadly, he isn't very active these days..
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:34 pm

I really wanna see some spam busted, It is a sinking sensation to be bombarded in it...
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:38 am

bat78 wrote:(Also that's not true that Jolteon is the one who onlines the most, I am. Me and you both know Jolteon SLEEPS and I usually don't. If I could vote for myself I would still vote for Jolteon instead)

Also this thread is kind of.. useless. Only makslane has the powers to appoint anyone of us as something more, regarding the forums.
And sadly, he isn't very active these days..

Well yeah but maybe he could check out these forums and agree with the majority. :P

Turon wrote:I really wanna see some spam busted, It is a sinking sensation to be bombarded in it...

(If I read your message right...)
I know right... That's why we need more mods. :P
DeltaLeeds

Postby bat78 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:45 am

huh?? Check the forums and agree with the majority??
What are you saying ??
bat78

Postby Bee-Ant » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:19 am

jonathang wrote:Why? You're on constantly, and moderators just check for spam posts in the forum. Shouldn't be too big of a deal.

Unfortunatelly no I'm not. I come visit here just whenever I want.
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:27 am

Jonathan what's wrong with you ??
Firstly, you are opening a mod election topic when
no one can be substantially picked up as one.

Then a member (not just member, but Bee-Ant) asks you
politely and explicitly in his rights to be removed from the list
and you dare to ask "WHY"?? And yet he is still in this list.
Jon, realize yourself please.

No wonder why gE community died, makslane is probably heavilty
frustrated to login and sky is majorly exhausted and even LcL doesn't work on SABRE (to fulfill the list of actual developers who no longer develop)
People must wake up and realize that if I quit gE development
gE community will remain a frozen in time off-topic social network and nothing else
(And no, not relying on SABRE)

And now if I have to take what you've said literally you prefer Jolteon as a mod
just because ?he can agree with the majority?
EDIT: actually wait, words from someone who doesn't develop, but is in a community of "theoretical game-developers" and started a voting for mods.
bat78

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:46 pm

bat78 wrote:Jonathan what's wrong with you ??
Firstly, you are opening a mod election topic when
no one can be substantially picked up as one.

That's because we need more mods Bat, we don't want more spam posts, and it was kinda brought up in the spam topic, so I thought about adding it here, nothing wrong with that right?

bat78 wrote:No wonder why gE community died, makslane is probably heavilty
frustrated to login and sky is majorly exhausted and even LcL doesn't work on SABRE (to fulfill the list of actual developers who no longer develop)
gE community will remain a frozen in time off-topic social network and nothing else

I just thought Bee would be a good candidate, I just kinda questioned why Bee wouldn't want to be a mod. Bat, don't be too worked up about other people's posts, it usually makes people leave the forums... You're too serious, chill out man. :lol:

bat78 wrote:No wonder why gE community died, makslane is probably heavilty

Ok this has no relevance to what you said previously and what does asking Bee for being a mod has to do with gE dying? Yes, it's a huge mistake because Bee doesn't want to be a mod and I'm sorry for that, very sorry, but this has no relevance with gEF dying. And please don't make accusions of Maks being too frustrated, that would actually make him frustrated. :'(
DeltaLeeds

Postby bat78 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:01 pm

I never said that Bee-ant has any relation with gE dying............
This is why I am separating it on a new paragraph, to emphasize on that it is a different factor related to the weakening of the community.
And yes. This is why I am "Too serious" ..because most of the people here are quite the opposite. Totally corrupt and they are turning forums into something else and their disablement and productivity barely even exist. It's been like so for a while, but started to occur much faster after sky's intervention ended...

As for the debate. Do you know how a legit debate would go?
What you've created is a pointless offensive game of preferences. This might do the opposite, ruin what is left from the community, exactly, because it is is nothing like a real voting. You should at least had noted out that everyone must say for whom they voted. Because everyone can create new accounts and use them to vote for themselves. A real election consists of REQUIREMENTS, RATIONALE, NOMINATION, PUBLIC CV ..and then VOTING, where a vote will be taken into consideration if it is more than at least (candidates * 100 / votes%) than the other.
Last edited by bat78 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bat78

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:13 pm

bat78 wrote:I never said that Bee-ant has any relation about gE dying............
This is why I am separating it on a new paragraph, to emphasize on that it is a different factor related to the weakening of the community.
And yes. This is why I am "Too serious" ..because most of the people here are quite the opposite. Totally corrupt and they are turning forums into something else and their disablement and productivity barely even exist. It's been like so for a while, but started to occur much faster after sky's intervention ended...

Wow, sorry for the misreading. You're absolutely right about people not serious and turning the forums to something else (I'm one of those people, admittedly. Please forgive me.). It's hard to do anything about it, and I thought choosing another moderator could help, don't think it would but well, I was just trying to help a bit in the forums. I think I did bad now so yeah sorry Bat and Bee-Ant especially.
DeltaLeeds

Postby bat78 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:18 pm

jonathang wrote:
bat78 wrote:I never said that Bee-ant has any relation about gE dying............

Wow, sorry for the misreading. You're absolutely right about people not serious and turning the forums to something else (I'm one of those people, admittedly. Please forgive me.). It's hard to do anything about it, and I thought choosing another moderator could help, don't think it would but well, I was just trying to help a bit in the forums. I think I did bad now so yeah sorry Bat and Bee-Ant especially.

You don't have to apology Jon. Makes me feel a bit awkward. I am not mad at you or something.. just mindful for the community. And I will have the rights to determine whether this is like so as long as I am the only one working on a game or even more, something that will change Game-Editor forever (positively of course)
I just hope now some developers would return. Like Noah.. LcL, sky.. I don't plan to release something and only receive comments like "Great, keep it up, but how to use it"
Last edited by bat78 on Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bat78

Postby DeltaLeeds » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:19 pm

bat78 wrote:
jonathang wrote:

You don't have to apology Jon. Makes me feel a bit awkward. I am not mad at you or something.. just mindful for the community. And I will have the rights to determine whether this is like so as long as I am the only one working on a game or even more, something that will change Game-Editor forever (positively of course)

Alright Bat, I feel awkward too, I'll be more mindful to the community next time and realize who I am to post stuff. ;)
Thanks for reminding me, I may or may not have changed my vote. :P.
DeltaLeeds

Postby bat78 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:26 pm

jonathang wrote:
bat78 wrote:
jonathang wrote:

Alright Bat, I feel awkward too, I'll be more mindful to the community next time and realize who I am to post stuff. ;)
Thanks for reminding me, I may or may not have changed my vote. :P.

Worry not. Forgot to say that I think it is a good idea to have some mods. It is just that you were a bit (okay a lot) hasty ..and reckless.
Our community doesn't even consist of 15 active people from this point and in such cases.. having mod happens without voting, but someone hired by the admin (which in our case doesn't exist). We are not enough to cast such a vote and this is very dangerous. And in that case ..disastrous.
bat78

Next

Return to Other