Are console ports possible?

You must understand the Game Editor concepts, before post here.

Are console ports possible?

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:16 pm

I'm interested in developing games for Wii U, 3DS, and possibly PS4 at some point. Has anyone made a game with Game Editor that got ported to a console? And if not, is it possible?
JamesLeonardo32

Score: 36 Give a positive score

Re: Are console ports possible?

Postby barney12345 » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:07 am

I personally haven't, but what I do know is that they all run off different codes, none of which are currently compatible with GE. You are more likely able to make games using Unity for those, however you need to pay the fee for being a dev for that console as well.
Darth Vader called... he wants his cookies back
barney12345

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Re: Are console ports possible?

Postby Turon » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:22 pm

barney12345 wrote:I personally haven't, but what I do know is that they all run off different codes, none of which are currently compatible with GE. You are more likely able to make games using Unity for those, however you need to pay the fee for being a dev for that console as well.

Well that may be one of the reasons, though I have also notice a good lot of people aren't actually that interested.
A Nintendo DS port was proposed by makslane and (there still is a topic about it floating in the forums somewhere)
It seems to have been canceled due to a lack of interest from the community's part.

And now even if a 3DS port were possible its not like you'd be able to exploit the 3D aspect anyways... I have reacently been thinking WiiWare or Microsoft Xbox store.
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Return to Advanced Topics