Need to play it
28%
1-1 > 1-3
11%
2-1 > 2-3
28%
3-1 > 3-2
No votes
3-3 (Couldn't get past the pyramid puzzle)
No votes
4-1 > 4-3
6%
Beat the game!
28%

Total votes : 18

Re: AXRIA Retro World (Finished game!)

Postby jimmynewguy » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:11 pm

Why haven't I tried this yet?? Been too busy working on my game... Downloading now!
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:42 pm

Oh shoot, I just remembered this place!
Just an update in general, I'm making a physical box for friends in real life. Obviously not commercial because of the music!
ImageImage
Instruction manual also in the works!

jimmynewguy wrote:Why haven't I tried this yet?? Been too busy working on my game... Downloading now!

Understandable! =)
Chai wrote:nice

=D
JamesLeonardo32

Score: 36 Give a positive score

Postby Jagmaster » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Sooo very flippin' hard. Absolutely awesome though. Put it down at world 2 (made it past that snail thing, but yeah). It actually felt like a gb! The graphics were perfect, and the monsters and gameplay were quite unique! Definitely will pick it back up and finish. The only thing I can gripe about is the lack of save, which actually adds to the genuineness somewhat. Not really a bad thing per say, it means I get to play it longer ^^ Absolutely loved it!

Points ++; //for a good gaming experience.

ps, I almost expected you to use this song in the game. *Pokes timmy.
Music that needs to be in the game.zip
(10.78 KiB) Downloaded 296 times

Have you heard of lmms? It comes with a good gb sound chip simulator that you might find kind of neat for this. (you could import an midi and drag and drop the freeboy onto one of the channels. Or make your own.) I thought of this game when I was playing around with it. XD Might be good for making sfx and music.
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:58 pm

Jagmaster wrote:Sooo very flippin' hard. Absolutely awesome though. Put it down at world 2 (made it past that snail thing, but yeah). It actually felt like a gb! The graphics were perfect, and the monsters and gameplay were quite unique! Definitely will pick it back up and finish. The only thing I can gripe about is the lack of save, which actually adds to the genuineness somewhat. Not really a bad thing per say, it means I get to play it longer ^^ Absolutely loved it!

Points ++; //for a good gaming experience.

ps, I almost expected you to use this song in the game. *Pokes timmy.

Have you heard of lmms? It comes with a good gb sound chip simulator that you might find kind of neat for this. (you could import an midi and drag and drop the freeboy onto one of the channels. Or make your own.) I thought of this game when I was playing around with it. XD Might be good for making sfx and music.

This song, I'm listening... Take on Me? NOOOOO!
Oh I know just what to with this! You'll see =)

Yeah I believe another person suggested saving, Ill consider it for a sequel. I wanted to emulate earlier games like Mario land, only with Infinite continues!

Ill defiantly check this lmms out, I've been trying to do stuff with Mod Plug to change them to Gameboy instruments!

Thanks!

Pint+=1;

=EDIT!=

I've also changed the download location to Source-forge, just to keep track on numbers! =D
JamesLeonardo32

Postby jimmynewguy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:36 am

Liked it, not good enough to get very far though :| I'm use to more forgiving, fast paced games now-a-days!
Working on a probably too ambitious project! Wild-west-adventure-RPG-shooter-thing.
jimmynewguy

Score: 89 Give a positive score

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:59 am

jimmynewguy wrote:Liked it, not good enough to get very far though :| I'm use to more forgiving, fast paced games now-a-days!

Thats one of the things I don't like about newer games! ;) Thanks for trying though, I'm sure enough patience will eventually bring a great experience!
JamesLeonardo32

Postby Jagmaster » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:03 am

Can't wait to see what you do with that bloody track, I remember it being in tim, so I thought it'd make a weird easter egg. d: Something so irritating about it makes me actually like it. 0-o

I love the frustration that comes with it, it makes it soo authentic! I also like the tiny screen. Makes it more fun imo to play games that small.

One question, are you allowed to put non open-source stuff on sf? Or is this now O.S.?
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:09 pm

Jagmaster wrote:Can't wait to see what you do with that bloody track, I remember it being in tim, so I thought it'd make a weird easter egg. d: Something so irritating about it makes me actually like it. 0-o

I love the frustration that comes with it, it makes it soo authentic! I also like the tiny screen. Makes it more fun imo to play games that small.

One question, are you allowed to put non open-source stuff on sf? Or is this now O.S.?

It will be a very special Easter egg ;) And to me its like that with many 80s/90s songs, the video was crazy creative though.

I didn't think of that when uploading, I don't suppose they'd mind. I found it was best since it keeps tracks on dl numbers.
I suppose this could be good as Open source for people to design their own levels, but I think I'll make a different game to do that since i plan on eventually remaking/ rebuilding it for iOS and possibly consoles. Who knows!
JamesLeonardo32

Postby NightOfHorror » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:59 am

Axria first, but after that AXRIA Retro World: People's puzzles (just where people make their own levels).
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:55 pm

NightOfHorror wrote:Axria first, but after that AXRIA Retro World: People's puzzles (just where people make their own levels).

I'm thinking of a level editor once i make more games, Peoples puzzles is a funny sub title. ;)
JamesLeonardo32

Postby RippeR7420 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:02 pm

What program did you use to record/edit your youtube video?
CURRENT PROJECTS:

-Olo: The Sword Shaman http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12919

-The Wrath of Blob: (On the back burner)

-StickMcGee - Blast to the Future http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13660
RippeR7420

Score: 23 Give a positive score

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:34 am

RippeR7420 wrote:What program did you use to record/edit your youtube video?

Camstudio and Windows Movie Maker (XP version).
JamesLeonardo32

Postby Hblade » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:06 am

Box art looks good
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 am

awesome downloading it as we speak :D
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Hblade wrote:Box art looks good
knucklecrunchgames wrote:awesome downloading it as we speak :D

Ah cool.

I'll be truly returning to this forum once my Christmas project is done.
JamesLeonardo32

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development