[WIP]Shop + Menu + Language system

Talk about making games.

[WIP]Shop + Menu + Language system

Postby juansimat » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:33 pm

Hello guys! This weekend I used the spare time to try a resurrect of a previous game I uploaded time ago (http://game-editor.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9705), focusing this time on the interface.
All the files ended by ".idi" contain the text for the Shop interface, being the ones who start with "shpd_" for the description of the items and the ones beginning with "shpn_" for the names and three letters for the language.
I didn't complete the text on this files and they're not well translated. You can open this files with a text editor (i.e. Notepad) to correct and add what you want even for your games.

This is what I've done so far.

Use the mouse to control everything.
(Shortcuts: B to open/close the Shop, M to open/close Menu, arrows/wasd to navigate through this menus and Space or Enter to select/confirm).

You can look at the scripts to see some comments of what is done.

I reached this point and I don't have as much time as before, so I don't know if still working on this or focus on other ideas :? . You can give me advice and, of course, use this project for your own games. I hope you like it. :)
Attachments
port.jpg
Feed'n'Grow.zip
(232.95 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
̿̿¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(๏̯͡๏)=ε
juansimat

Score: 27 Give a positive score

Re: [WIP]Shop + Menu + Language system

Postby Zivouhr » Thu Feb 02, 2017 4:15 am

Looks like a clever set up for your menu and shop system. Are you still creating new games on other software these days?
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

☞ ☜

Postby juansimat » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:30 pm

Zivouhr wrote:Looks like a clever set up for your menu and shop system. Are you still creating new games on other software these days?

My artistic level gives me problems, that's why I use to get free assets from internet (mostly at OpenGameArt). But if I don't find what I need or fits, it's impossible for me to develop something serious.

So far I used a lot of engines, framewoks, libraries and IDEs. The ones I handled better (if you want my curriculum :P) being Java/Android (with NetBeans, Eclipse and Android Studio), Visual Studio, libGDX, Blender, Game Editor, Stencyl, Worldviz Vizard, UE4 and RPG Maker. But I ended up having a development folder with about 100 unfinished (even unstarted) projects/ideas. At most, I truly completed 3 Android Apps that I'm not uploading to the Play Store, besides the games I uploaded here and the ones that I removed from Kongregate.

I think I'm going to focus and concentrate on developing a game with Game Editor that reaches the level to be in Steam (with luck) and other Indie game sites, promoting the engine like with your awesome game :v, because GE deserves more acknowledgement.
juansimat

Re: ☞ ☜

Postby Zivouhr » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:53 am

juansimat wrote:
Zivouhr wrote:Looks like a clever set up for your menu and shop system. Are you still creating new games on other software these days?

My artistic level gives me problems, that's why I use to get free assets from internet (mostly at OpenGameArt). But if I don't find what I need or fits, it's impossible for me to develop something serious.

So far I used a lot of engines, framewoks, libraries and IDEs. The ones I handled better (if you want my curriculum :P) being Java/Android (with NetBeans, Eclipse and Android Studio), Visual Studio, libGDX, Blender, Game Editor, Stencyl, Worldviz Vizard, UE4 and RPG Maker. But I ended up having a development folder with about 100 unfinished (even unstarted) projects/ideas. At most, I truly completed 3 Android Apps that I'm not uploading to the Play Store, besides the games I uploaded here and the ones that I removed from Kongregate.

I think I'm going to focus and concentrate on developing a game with Game Editor that reaches the level to be in Steam (with luck) and other Indie game sites, promoting the engine like with your awesome game :v, because GE deserves more acknowledgement.

Thanks juansimat. 8)

Very nice listing of game creation software you have there. Many of those I haven't tested. 100 games created, lots of ideas, cool. 3 Android Apps completed, any reason you're not uploading them to the Play Store?

You definitely have more experience with game software than I do. Blender I tried out, along with Unity (but felt they were a bit too complex for easy 2D game creation) and in the past, a few other game creation tools, but the intuitive and easy set up of Game Editor reminds me of a fun game creation software from my first computer many years ago, The Shoot 'em Up Construction Kit on my old Amiga (created about 50 games on it). It didn't need any C language, but used a lot of adjustable parameters, something Game Editor has a lot of, but Game Editor has the more advanced addition of complex C programming, which is usually a fun, puzzle solving challenge for me but also expands what's possible in the game.

Yes, definitely commit to creating a Steam game with Game Editor. What kind of game are you planning on creating? Usually a game genre you really enjoy is the best place to start, since it's one you'll want to play yourself, even when the challenges in creating arise.
Zivouhr

Postby juansimat » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:02 am

Yeah, I think that GE offers a unique workflow that any other software should envy. I think I'm making a tribute to this games:

juansimat

Postby Zivouhr » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Gauntlet is a fun, challenging game, with tons of enemies to defeat. If you offer your own unique version of that action genre, that could be great. 8)
Zivouhr

Return to Game Development