Need to play it
28%
1-1 > 1-3
11%
2-1 > 2-3
28%
3-1 > 3-2
No votes
3-3 (Couldn't get past the pyramid puzzle)
No votes
4-1 > 4-3
6%
Beat the game!
28%

Total votes : 18

Re: AXRIA Retro World (Finished game!)

Postby happyjustbecause » Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Yeah, cool box art, that makes me want to do my own as well. And nice you're going to be returning to the forums. We're starting to gain some activity after a long period of silence in the forum, and you're at least one of my favorite game developers here =D.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Postby knucklecrunchgames » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:06 am

happyjustbecause wrote:Yeah, cool box art, that makes me want to do my own as well. And nice you're going to be returning to the forums. We're starting to gain some activity after a long period of silence in the forum, and you're at least one of my favorite game developers here =D.

+1 to you :)
knucklecrunchgames

Score: 17 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:20 am

Late post: I tried the game, and it's awesome! It's really like a 1990s game in atari/GBC and I don't think anyone makes games like these nowadays. The levels are designed well, the secrets are awesome, and the bosses are great! Kudos to you, JamesLeonardo! +1
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby marcus » Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:16 pm

Can we have a GNU/Linux version?

=]
marcus

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby ColdSpike » Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:15 pm

So... the game runs in an extremely tiny window on my Win 7 PC... I see no options to change this or anything, what am I doing wrong?
ColdSpike

Postby Goettsch » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:16 am

ColdSpike wrote:So... the game runs in an extremely tiny window on my Win 7 PC... I see no options to change this or anything, what am I doing wrong?

Nothing,it is supposed to be like this
Support me and open these links:
http://adf.ly/pZps0 (as many times as you can)
http://VisitsToMoney.com/index.php?refId=470333 (open once)
http://Visitors2Cash.com/ref.php?refId=169224 (open once)
My games:
Kingdoms of... http://adf.ly/pZq5O
Goettsch

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Postby ColdSpike » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:14 am

Goettsch wrote:
ColdSpike wrote:So... the game runs in an extremely tiny window on my Win 7 PC... I see no options to change this or anything, what am I doing wrong?

That... that makes no sense. How am I supposed to enjoy this without eye strain? Even on a Gameboy you can plug it into a SNES and play it on a big screen... just why :? :?:
ColdSpike

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:47 am

ColdSpike wrote:
Goettsch wrote:

That... that makes no sense. How am I supposed to enjoy this without eye strain? Even on a Gameboy you can plug it into a SNES and play it on a big screen... just why :? :?:

I thought there was a fullscreen download. I use fullscreen version as I agree.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby ColdSpike » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:21 am

NightOfHorror wrote:
ColdSpike wrote:
Goettsch wrote:

I thought there was a fullscreen download. I use fullscreen version as I agree.

I totally missed the fullscreen download, lol. But it now still runs the same way just very tiny and in a fullscreen window. Is there no way to stretch it?
ColdSpike

Postby CrackedP0t » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:15 pm

Could you make a Linux fullscreen game?
I tried to run it with WINE, and it went bad. :shock:
/人 ◕‿‿◕ 人\
Fang Pictures, my game development company:
http://fangpictures.comuf.com
CrackedP0t

Score: 8 Give a positive score

Postby Zivouhr » Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:10 am

Though I haven't played the game yet, great job on the packaging and retro graphics for the Gameboy style. The design of the game itself looks like fun.

I can understand why you wanted to create tiny graphics, as they will translate well to smartphones and smaller handheld devices, with PC being a bonus version just to see what it would look like as a hand held.

Keep up the great work. 8)
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby DeltaLeeds » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:51 pm

Zivouhr wrote:Though I haven't played the game yet, great job on the packaging and retro graphics for the Gameboy style. The design of the game itself looks like fun.

I can understand why you wanted to create tiny graphics, as they will translate well to smartphones and smaller handheld devices, with PC being a bonus version just to see what it would look like as a hand held.

Keep up the great work. 8)

I'd like to see your rating of the game after playing it too. xD
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby Zivouhr » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:41 am

jonathang wrote:
I'd like to see your rating of the game after playing it too. xD

Back when I posted that, I tried the link but for some reason it wasn't loading. Will have to try it again soon.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:38 pm

Hi there!

Apologies to those who have wanted a Mac or Linux ports, I'm concentrating on what i know so those systems are out my league.

Also just to update on where i'm hosting the game, I'm trying out the indie site Itch.io, so if you're new here or curious to see where i'm hosting my content, that's where it'll be :)

Future titles of mine will be hosted on that site too but i'm considering using other software like Game Maker as I'm still waiting on the update for GE. And i've learnt a thing or two from my college course and my friend recently.

Speaking of which I'm also considering working with friends to remake of Retro World for Game Maker so its better optimized for modern computers, again because i'm still waiting on a update for GE.

Not to put down GE as i like it, but I feel like GM's been better realized as of now. If development goes further on GE then heck yes i'll back it. But as of now i feel there's still a lot there could be done to make the program easier to use.

None the less, hope you understand.

Here's the link to Axria Retro World's new page; http://angusbeer.itch.io/axria-retro-world
JamesLeonardo32

Score: 36 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:20 pm

Game Editor 1.4.1 is taking its time I see, Skydereign's been way too quite even his deviantart, github and steam accounts appear to be quiet...

As for the Game Maker, I guess I have just become biased towards anything GM for Obvious reasons, but I have observed that its more up to beat with modern computers as you say, though I cringe because onece upon a time we had the better tool or at least an equal tool.
Why did Game Editor fail? It doesn't make sense to me...

Anyways I've been looking beyone game editor myself venturing into JavaScript and even attempting to learn C outside the context of GE to perhaps one day learning C++ and fixing GE.
Even if its impossible to save the original Game Editor I've been wondering if it were possible to create a new program in its likeness but better kind of like how Grafx2 was made in the likeness of Delux Paint.

The reason I still use GE is because I have a strange attachment and because I've never been able to harness it's full potential and I have an aching feeling of missing out. Maybe I'm too emotional...
I suppose you kinda made the decision to use GM out of practicality and I guess that's best, Good luck out there...
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development