Executable with linux

Linux specific questions and discussion

Re: Executable with linux

Postby eyecreate » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:08 pm

huh, it's funny because i see a compiled object(aboutdlg.o) file in the output dir, but who knows. anyways, since I saw llvm as a target option in the makefile, I thought that's what I was supposed to do if I wanted to have the most up to date engine binary blobs to test the export functionality. I also tried the EiC folder to compile, but it was less friendly than llvm and started telling me something bout an unexpected "fi" in, i'm guessing,the makefile. I didn't seem to see any problem, as all "if" were ended with proper "fi" blocks.
eyecreate

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby eyecreate » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:46 pm

okay, after fiddling with the code some more, I think I'm gona need some guidance. How do you compile the binary "blobs"? I need at least how to build the linux blob for testing, but windows/pocket pc/gp2x instructions would be good after that. I am suspecting that because the binary blobs I was using were not the same as the editor I compiled/saved with that it could be what's making the outputs hang.
eyecreate

Postby makslane » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:35 am

To compile in Linux I just use the make command with the default makefile:

http://code.game-editor.com/browser/trunk/makefile

The type of system I want to build is defined by:

GAMEEDITOR_TYPE=$(GAMEEDITOR_DEMO)

Or:

GAMEEDITOR_TYPE=$(GAMEEDITOR_PROFESSIONAL_STAND_ALONE)

To compile the engines for other platforms I use the Microsoft Visual Studio (with some external tools for gp2x, like the devkitGP2X)
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby eyecreate » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:54 am

haha, I was wondering what the "stand alone" was for in the makefile. Well, after compiling it, it seems to get a blank game, or gameeditor without the editor, so..uhm...I thought I could just replace this new fancy file with the other in the bin dir so the editor could inject the data files into it, but it seems it's not the same file, or else something else was done to it(stripped?). If I export the game data only, and name the compiled file the same name as the data file, then it will load it. I guess that's a good improvement. Still, I wonder what has to be modified on the binary to make gameeditor like it and use it to embed like normal.

EDIT:haha, lol, I thought I'd carry some ideas further, and I named the "hanging" binary made earlier and it loaded the test game I made fine. Hmm, maybe what I thought was wrong before about reasons I couldn't get the exported binary to work.
eyecreate

Postby makslane » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:22 am

For the editor, copy the follow files to the same directory of the gameEditor.exe from the directory res (http://code.game-editor.com/browser/tru ... Editor/res):

editor.dat
function.xml
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby eyecreate » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I believe I already have those files there, I copied the whole res dir into the output/editor dir with the editor "exe",unless I'm reading you wrong.
eyecreate

Previous

Return to Linux