Ban Appeals?

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

Ban Appeals?

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:53 am

I know this may be asking for a lot, but is there any chance that a ban appeal can get created. I never have been banned, but it just seems like a small feature that could go a long way. Of course you would get to review them, so you would have to have to get a very good reason to let them back in.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: Ban Appeals?

Postby skydereign » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:19 am

To be banned you need to receive three warnings. Each time you are given a reason and the reminder that three warnings leads to a ban. Users that have been banned before have created different accounts, and I have let that go. But if they accumulate three more warnings they are banned again. If this trend keeps up, I will ban any of their future accounts, as by 9 warnings, it is rather clear that the user does not want to conform to the rules of the forums. This however has only been a problem a few times, so I feel a formal appeal process isn't necessary. It would involve too many changes to the site. There are two ways though to get banned immediately. Accounts that appear to be spam accounts are banned (first posts are spam), and duplicate accounts. With duplicate accounts only one of the accounts is banned (in the past users have used two accounts to give themselves points).

NightOfHorror wrote:but it just seems like a small feature that could go a long way.

Why the interest in appealing bans?
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Re: Ban Appeals?

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:00 pm

I understand, and I just was thinking of some ideas, but I do see how many chances you give now, so I can see why a ban appeal is not needed.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Return to Feature Requests