Changing To Fullscreen In-Game And Actor Jumping

Learn how to start making games.

Changing To Fullscreen In-Game And Actor Jumping

Postby PerrySteven » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:32 am

Hello, I'm wondering how you can create an action that allows the player to change to fullscreen mode while in-game? And I would also like to know how to move an actor to a set of coordinates in an instant, without using the MoveTo function? I tried looking for solutions in already created threads but there were none that were along my lines. Any help on the topics would be much appreciated.
PerrySteven

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Re: Changing To Fullscreen In-Game And Actor Jumping

Postby lcl » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Hello!

PerrySteven wrote:I'm wondering how you can create an action that allows the player to change to fullscreen mode while in-game?

Currently the only way to do this is to export your game in both, full screen and window mode, and then use LoadGame(); to load the desired version. But when Game Editor 1.4.1 comes, there'll be a very easy way to quickly change between window mode and full screen mode in-game.

PerrySteven wrote:And I would also like to know how to move an actor to a set of coordinates in an instant, without using the MoveTo function?

This is actually really simple. You have to do it through code, though. Let's say that you'd want to move an actor called "myActor" to the position (150, -320) when it's clicked with a mouse. Here's how you'd do it:

myActor -> Mouse Button Down: Left -> Script Editor:
Code: Select all
myActor.x = 150;
myActor.y = -320;

I hope this helps! :)
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Postby PerrySteven » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:29 am

lcl wrote:Hello!

PerrySteven wrote:I'm wondering how you can create an action that allows the player to change to fullscreen mode while in-game?

Currently the only way to do this is to export your game in both, full screen and window mode, and then use LoadGame(); to load the desired version. But when Game Editor 1.4.1 comes, there'll be a very easy way to quickly change between window mode and full screen mode in-game.

PerrySteven wrote:And I would also like to know how to move an actor to a set of coordinates in an instant, without using the MoveTo function?

This is actually really simple. You have to do it through code, though. Let's say that you'd want to move an actor called "myActor" to the position (150, -320) when it's clicked with a mouse. Here's how you'd do it:

myActor -> Mouse Button Down: Left -> Script Editor:
Code: Select all
myActor.x = 150;
myActor.y = -320;

I hope this helps! :)

Yes, it was very helpful! Thank you!
PerrySteven

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby nightFall16 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:40 am

hey lcl how r u ? u said in 1.4.1 this could be done easily ?? now i have 1.4.1 version can u please show us how ?
and thanks
nightFall16

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Postby lcl » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:24 pm

nightFall16 wrote:hey lcl how r u ? u said in 1.4.1 this could be done easily ?? now i have 1.4.1 version can u please show us how ?
and thanks

Sorry, I meant the full release of GE 1.4.1. So far skydereign has only released a beta version of 1.4.1 and that version doesn't have this feature yet.
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Return to Getting Started