question

Ask questions and request art/music.

question

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:32 am

For animation, I need to know if GE has a function that can change the size of an animation without ChangeAnimation or needing to create new animations. This is a distance question as an actor gets closer, it gets bigger. Game will be in either a front view or between front and top view. I just want to know if I have to create more animations or if there is a function to change size depending on distance.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Re: question

Postby Hblade » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:56 am

dunno o.o you might have to write some kind of custom changeAnimation script for that
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:29 am

You are asking about scaling? That doesn't really have to do with animations. If you don't use draw_from, you would have to make a separate set of animations for each zoom level. You could write a wrapper to the ChangeAnimation function that would auto pick the right zoomed animation if you wanted. Or use a canvas actor.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:34 pm

that would only mess with that actor and no other actors right? After this, I will only have a few more questions for a game I am making.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Return to Requests