Quick hack, bug report

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Quick hack, bug report

Postby AaronP » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:28 am

So I was trying out GE, and I noticed that the file browser lists dotfiles by default. It was kind of annoying because my home folder has 81 dotfiles in it, so I disabled it. It looks like showing hidden files is the intended behavior? I think? I was tempted to try and remove A_HIDDEN from

Code: Select all
handle = ged_findfirst("*.*", A_DIREC | A_HIDDEN);

but I didn't. Bitwise operations still confuse me and I couldn't quite follow what was going on there. :P

Anyway, I think the ideal behavior would be to make it a toggle that's off by default. I would have put up a checkbox or something but I'm not yet sure how in your UI and you're completely re-writing it in wx anyway, aren't you? So I added a couple lines in ListDirectory::Populate. I put it in between an #ifdef, so it should only effect the Linux version, though I think Mac OS X might use dotfiles as well. I'm not sure what your prefered behavior is, but I'll give you my change if you want it. I'll just give you the file, since that seems to be the more convenient way to do it in Windows, but if you want a diff just give the word.

Bug Report?:
I gave the alsa binary from the .net site a try, but it couldn't find libesd. I'm not quite sure what libesd is, but as far as I can tell, it's something that's no longer in use.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/ESD
Attachments
listdir.tar
Contains ListDirectory.cpp
(20 KiB) Downloaded 202 times
AaronP

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Quick hack, bug report

Postby Lacotemale » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:59 pm

You have my vote for this change! :)
Lacotemale

Score: 7 Give a positive score