Promotional Video

Ask questions and request art/music.

Promotional Video

Postby zygoth » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:11 am

Hi, I'm going to be submitting my game Vertigo to the Independent Games Festival competition and they require a video as part of the submission. I know Kalladolf has made GE videos in the past...just wondering if he or anybody else would be willing to make a short 1-2 minute video showing the main features of the game that I could use to submit. You can check out the game here: www.ketonegames.com . I could do it myself but I don't think I would do a great job of it. Post below if you are interested. Thanks in advance.
Nova: 100% Vertigo/Mazeman: 100%
Visit my website to download them both! http://www.ketonegames.com
zygoth

Score: 5 Give a positive score

Re: Promotional Video

Postby Jagmaster » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:10 pm

Did you give any credit to Pyro? This "Vertigo" is Mazeman if I'm not mistaken. I guess you must've expanded it some, but from what I saw (the screenshots and first few seconds of the game) was completely identical to Mazeman.

I realize Pyro made it open source, but I didn't see enough change to call it your own, or enter in a contest as your own work either.

If you did give proper credit to Pyrometal, and I didn't notice it, or if he did give you proper permission to use his work for such matters, then my most sincere apologies to you. :)
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby zygoth » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:46 pm

It's ok, I PM'ed him about expanding it a long time ago. I sent him updates on it until we both stopped getting on the forums for a while. I also mention in the credits that he made the game engine and original idea.
zygoth

Postby zygoth » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:31 pm

By the way, does anybody happen to know his email address or real name to look him up? I would like to show him what I've done with it.
zygoth

Postby Jagmaster » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:53 am

zygoth wrote:It's ok, I PM'ed him about expanding it a long time ago. I sent him updates on it until we both stopped getting on the forums for a while. I also mention in the credits that he made the game engine and original idea.

Alrighty, that's good. Sorry 'bout getting frazzled. :)

zygoth wrote:By the way, does anybody happen to know his email address or real name to look him up? I would like to show him what I've done with it.

Hmm, no sorry. I know he had a Youtube channel at one point. I tried looking it up and only got "Meet the Pyro" results :lol: This is his real name Benoit Durant.

But WHY do I know these things? :shock:

Edit: I'm typed this at about midnight. That's why. xD
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby happyjustbecause » Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:59 pm

zygoth wrote:Hi, I'm going to be submitting my game Vertigo to the Independent Games Festival competition and they require a video as part of the submission. I know Kalladolf has made GE videos in the past...just wondering if he or anybody else would be willing to make a short 1-2 minute video showing the main features of the game that I could use to submit. You can check out the game here: http://www.ketonegames.com . I could do it myself but I don't think I would do a great job of it. Post below if you are interested. Thanks in advance.

I don't know if you still need this video, but I'd be willing to try make it for you. I've got some experience making videos for my own game, and they turn out to be decent. But the link that you have on that website for the mac OSX version (and linux) just brings me to a huge page of code rather than downloading it. I saw the comments kind of explaining how to execute it, but I'm not sure I can figure that out.
For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
-Carl Sagan

Night Knight Development Thread
happyjustbecause

Score: 15 Give a positive score

Return to Requests