Music

How to find or create sprites, graphics, sounds and music.

Music

Postby barney12345 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:24 am

I have Finale Notepad Music Maker 2012, a rip off of Sibelius , and it has a midi export thing. But the sound quality is bad and becomes even worse when playing it on GE. Any ways to get it to get better sound quality without an actual orchestra? FNMM also has an MusicXML export thingy. Thanx
Darth Vader called... he wants his cookies back
barney12345

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Re: Music

Postby Turon » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:40 am

So you want actual Orchesral music in your game? You could use the Edirol Orchestral VST plugin it's downloadable
From 4shared.com. VST plugins are not stand alone software you need a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) which is basically a program like Fl Sudio or Cakewalk. There are YouTube videos on how to load your VST onto a DAW.

Em well why do you need Orchertral music? You must remember that Orchestral music has got a lot of sounds playing at once, while most SNES (Super Famicon) music may only have 5 instruments playing at once, so if you do use orchestral music bear in mind that some devices could take strain playing such complex music.
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby barney12345 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:18 am

I was exaggerating about the entire orchestra thing, I only have a ten part soundtrack, but will it still work? or is there an easier way for less parts
Darth Vader called... he wants his cookies back
barney12345

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Hmmm so your exporting to Midi? and you say that your music tool is not producing good quality MIDI?
Anvil Studio is probably the best midi editor I know of! :lol: that should improve the quality :wink:.

On the other hand you may want to know a little more about midi as it doesn't quite conform to most other formats.
Well you see MIDI is not like any other format, a MIDI recording is not recorded in wavelengths but in Music Notes that the Computer reads and plays the music on whatever Synthesizer the computer is set to, On most Windows computers the synthesizer Microsoft GS Synth built into their copy of Windows.
MIDI can't run on Linux unless you manually install a synthesizer onto your Linux computer, but I myself don't know how to install a synthesizer myself.
If you want your game to be universal on all Operating System I suggest you use a DAW and export to ogg.

Now I may sound like I know it all but you may want to do your own research on this subject as my knowledge
may be a little inaccurate :mrgreen:
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Return to Game Resources