Unnamed Topic.

Talk about making games.

Unnamed Topic.

Postby Azou » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:03 am

Deleted.
Last edited by Azou on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Azou

Score: 35 Give a positive score

Re: Tuki: Quest of the Forsaken Mansa

Postby Turon » Mon Dec 07, 2015 1:21 pm

My First impression is... Wow this is the most graphically advanced gE game I have yet seen (You are using GE right?).This game looks like it has a surreal vibe. Good Luck with it. :wink:
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby Azou » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:11 pm

Thanks about that, Turon!
I was using gE, but I had to change engine (gE kept crashing on Mac). Saying this, I realize my post is more about promoting my game than anything...well :oops:
Azou

Postby Turon » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:48 am

GE kept on crashing? GE does crash sometimes and that is why you have to save a lot... But for you the crashing was real bad? Well just out of curiosity what engine are you using? It's Unity right?
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby Azou » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:20 am

I got to a point where I could barely edit the game with gE. Testing it in 'Game-Mode' was also a challenge, due to the size of the game. I think gE has problem managing projects that have a large number of animations.
Now I do use GameSalad. To say the truth, I miss the 'freedom' of gE, but well, can't have everything!
Azou

Postby Zivouhr » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:20 am

Nice art style and concept.
Sorry to hear GE kept crashing. I'm going through that also though only when I finish test playing the game in the editor (instead of exporting it, where it's stable). Otherwise, it handles inputs well and stable in editor, but testing a game is half the battle, so I understand why you moved on.

Any chance we can see pictures of the game from the Game Editor version? I see you're using lots of focus effects to soften the visuals. Nice special effects.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby Azou » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:26 am

Thanks!
So you can successfully export the game? Do you use GE on Mac?
Unfortunately, all I have is a video (http://www.4shared.com/video/vDfGRL5Q/N ... _16_2.html). I lost the game-data :/
Azou

Postby Zivouhr » Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:41 pm

Azou wrote:Thanks!
So you can successfully export the game? Do you use GE on Mac?
Unfortunately, all I have is a video (http://www.4shared.com/video/vDfGRL5Q/N ... _16_2.html). I lost the game-data :/

Yes.

Game Editor 1.4.0 exports games without any problem to PC, Mac or Linux. On Mac, you have to make sure the exported file doesn't match any current file names on your desktop to export to, then to make it work after it's finished exporting to the desktop, enter in a new terminal window:

chmod +x Desktop/YOURGAMENAMEHERE

That one time command will change the desktop file's image to a black terminal box that you can then open the game on a Mac (and Linux if required for a Linux export) by double clicking, and for PC, just leave the file as a .exe file, which PC can open up without having to enter the chmod command. That creates a standalone game where GE is no longer required to run it.
Skydereign mentioned he's currently working on version 1.4.1, which will have the option to go fullscreen or windowed as the gamer's choice, which should be very welcome considering Unity has the option to go fullscreen or windowed, which is very useful for different screen ratios/sizes.

My first game, Tomb of Twelve, had so many tiles in it, that it exceeded the visible tiles the Game Editor Editor mode could handle, making many tiles invisible while in Game Mode in the Editor window, but as soon as I exported it, all the tiles were visible and present which was a huge relief after putting hundreds of hours into the giant project.
City of Rott Game created on Game Editor http://cityofrott.wordpress.com/
Zivouhr

Score: 59 Give a positive score

Postby Azou » Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:24 am

Thanks for the info! I will need it when porting the game under GE :D
Azou

Postby DeltaLeeds » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:32 pm

And I was scratching my head wondering how a game made with game editor reached 1.5 GB. :lol:
Still, respect because you tried making it with gE, and yes gE is just the starting point of most of our game making careers so changing engines is understandable...
Anyway, awesome looking game, I hope to see the progress of this game even though it's not made with gE. :wink:
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby Azou » Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:47 am

Thanks about it :D it's really cool
Azou

Return to Game Development