GE's Presentation

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Re: GE's Presentation

Postby SuperSonic » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:19 am

But then again, perhaps not. Ge has had it's name for a long time. We might not want to mess with that.

Agreed. GE is here to stay :D
A tree never hits an automobile except in self-defence.

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Score: 72 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:37 am

We are editing games. When savvy was making GE brawl he was editing SSB. When I made Tennis I was just editing Pong. Editing is just changing things and I can think of a game you edit when you make a game. WB2 is edit of Pokemon. Game Editor fits quite lovely. :D
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:43 am

Defending the name like that makes it sound like we can't make original games. Games will always have similarities, but the creative process can still be unique. Anyway the biggest defense to not changing the name is legacy. It has been gameEditor for its entire existence, so chances are it won't be changed. That isn't to say we shouldn't try to come up with anything better, and less confusing.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby EvanBlack » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:36 am

I think gameEditor is a great name. But if I was going to name it anything else I would call it something like:

Arctic Game Designer/Editor

Black Steel Game Designer/Editor

Catalyst Game Designer

Defined Game Designer

Eversphere Game Designer

Fierce Game Designer

Golden GE

Heroic GE

Inspired GE

Jeweled GE

Katapult GE

Live and Learn GE

Mosaic GE

Noodle GE

Optimal GE

Pressure GE (then we can team up with Valve XD)

Quick GE

Rivaled GE

Starlight GE

Table GE

Universal GE

Vector GE

Wasabi GE

X-cell GE

Your GE

ZURM GE (Useful controls tool tip)

Those are all just random lol.
(\__/) ( Soon... The world)
(O.o )< will be mine!____)
(> < )
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Bunny Overlord 2012!
EvanBlack

Score: 19 Give a positive score

Postby Jagmaster » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:04 pm

skydereign wrote:Defending the name like that makes it sound like we can't make original games. Games will always have similarities, but the creative process can still be unique. Anyway the biggest defense to not changing the name is legacy. It has been gameEditor for its entire existence, so chances are it won't be changed. That isn't to say we shouldn't try to come up with anything better, and less confusing.

That's exactly where I'm at.

Confusion vs Legacy. -I'm kind of in the middle. :|
But honestly, it doesn't matter to me either way.

Oh, and Wasabi GE :lol:.
Last edited by Jagmaster on Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jagmaster

Score: 82 Give a positive score

Postby NightOfHorror » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:08 am

skydereign wrote:Defending the name like that makes it sound like we can't make original games. Games will always have similarities, but the creative process can still be unique. Anyway the biggest defense to not changing the name is legacy. It has been gameEditor for its entire existence, so chances are it won't be changed. That isn't to say we shouldn't try to come up with anything better, and less confusing.

of course we make original games, but overall every game in the universe can be traced to another. Even Mario Tennis is an advanced edit of pong. That's what I'm saying. :)
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=12136
"I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that wont work." quoted by Thomas Edison.
Over the year, I decided my motto for me is I am knowledgeable, but not practical.
NightOfHorror

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby ikarus » Sun Oct 30, 2011 9:39 pm

If a name change is on the table I nominate Axis, in reference to the Axis Alliance from WWII, to represent an alliance through the engine within the war of platforms.

By the way lol, I just came back to fix this. I didn't look it up to be sure when I thought of that name, lol. I remembered the axis alliance from wwII and for some reason thought they were the good guys. I've only just recently realized that they were hitler's allies haha. :oops:
Seriously though it was completely in innocent ignorance that I proposed that!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> http://www.code1011.com <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
ikarus

Score: 11 Give a positive score

Postby SuperSonic » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:55 am

I've only just recently realized that they were hitler's allies haha

:lol:
For those of you who like to make fun of hitler, here is a movie for you :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlmGknvr_Pg
Enjoy :D

Want to use your joystick or controller with Game Editor? Check out my controller engine =D
SuperSonic

Postby SuperSonic » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:39 am

Sorry, that was a little bit off topic :roll:

SuperSonic

Postby Clokio » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:40 am

I believe the name should change and the logo as well, Game editor dose not make the think about a game engine at first.
Ex: gamesalad have a flavor oriented toward beginers. It's about knowing what GE is doing best, toward who it's oriented, that will help finding a good name. To me the logo is great, it's smily, familiar. I think it represent GE well in a sence that you click and choose the event actions and you have a game made quickly. Something like (it's just a idea: cheeta 2D or cheata 2D Game engine, create game faster. Cheeta people know it's a fast animal. There is other caracteristics about GE that can represent a animal. Animals are popular those time in branding those day's.
Maybe leopard 2D game engine, it might attract some apple fans, who know. Gamesalad is only on mac, and unity was first on mac, they both became quite popular cause they where alone there - I believe. And GE dose run on mac. So it's quite a advantage.

1.5 should come out before android port, but beta testers are needed. Also GE should aim beginers, non-coders,and artists, it seem it was created that way from the bigenning.
We need to ask the guy that created the original cookbook of gamesalad on Youtube or someonelese, to do some for GE, that would help a bunch of people. He is not really a gamesalad employee. Eventually I would make some I would call from gamesalad to game-editor.
Clokio

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to General