Apple FAQ: iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac HOWTO

Mac specific questions and discussion

Re: Apple FAQ: iPad, iPhone, iPod, Mac HOWTO

Postby skydereign » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:07 pm

Clokio wrote:
skydereign wrote:What do you mean put on the device? Are you using geplayer? If so you can use ftp via command line, or if you prefer download something like filezilla and transfer it that way.

Have a ipod Touch 4. I created a game on my mac using the GE for mac. It didn't want to install on the device.

That doesn't address my question. How were you putting it on your device before? Since you were using windows you'd have to be using geplayer, and therefore ftp it onto your device. That being said since you should just do the same thing when on a mac. Unless you mean you are trying to use xcode which means there are tons of other problems to deal with (the biggest being you need to be an ios dev to make that work).
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Clokio » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:58 pm

skydereign wrote:
Clokio wrote:
skydereign wrote:What do you mean put on the device? Are you using geplayer? If so you can use ftp via command line, or if you prefer download something like filezilla and transfer it that way.

Have a ipod Touch 4. I created a game on my mac using the GE for mac. It didn't want to install on the device.

That doesn't address my question. How were you putting it on your device before? Since you were using windows you'd have to be using geplayer, and therefore ftp it onto your device. That being said since you should just do the same thing when on a mac. Unless you mean you are trying to use xcode which means there are tons of other problems to deal with (the biggest being you need to be an ios dev to make that work).

Maybe I got 1.5 running on the mac. I switch to my pc on 1.4 and it worked the first time. Thanks.
Clokio

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby savvy » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:20 am

Is there a way to compile the Dat files into ipa format on windows, doesn't have to go through the correct protocols or anything because I can use installous to put them onto my ipod touch.

thanks, savvy

PS: This may have already been asked but its early and I can't take reading through all the posts yet.
--> For my help, i ask for a simple +1 if it helps! ^-^
--> I dont code, I type art which you dont understand.
--> I keep winning the 3D model challenge at college, teacher says: "you keep winning im not giving you prizes".
savvy

Score: 44 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:26 am

No. A mac is required therefore. We thought about a service doing this but didnt go live.
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Postby rain2591 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:51 pm

i am trying to compile this on XCode 4.3.2 and IOS SDK 5.1 and i get errors?

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Users/david/Desktop/geapp_iphone/../SDLiPod/build/Release-iphoneos'
ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/david/Desktop/geapp_iphone/build/Release-iphoneos/libgeapp.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"_main", referenced from:
start in crt1.10.6.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

i am using the latest iphone app code from game-editor.net, please advise or help please
rain2591

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:22 pm

Send a screenshot of your target settings (upper left of main screen) and build settings.

andreas

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Postby rain2591 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:36 pm

you mean these?

1.jpg

2.jpg
rain2591

Postby rain2591 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:59 pm

sorry to sound stupid but are these what you mean (see above)
rain2591

Postby akr » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Yes, thanks. The problem is the simulator settings. You may only build for device. Not for simulator. (If you want to do quick target testing u can use geplayer.)

akr

Postby rain2591 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:46 pm

right that worked fine, now when i compile it says

Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Developer' doesn't match any valid, non-expired certificate/private key pair in the default keychain

i have a apple developer account how do i get my certificiate into xcode so i can compile?
rain2591

Postby rain2591 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:57 pm

dont i have to wait for apple to send me confirmation email within 24hrs so i can finish enrolling?
rain2591

Postby Fojam » Fri May 25, 2012 11:52 am

i built the xcodeproj on a mac, and the build was successful, but for some reason, it didn't compile an executable. help?
CLICK TO GIVE ME POINTS

My Latest Projects:
Super Smash Bros: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12307 PLEASE help by making sprites!
Fojam

Score: 69 Give a positive score

Postby njgmoorman » Fri May 25, 2012 1:40 pm

why is my app ignoring libgeapp.a? It says that it's not the architecture being linked
njgmoorman

Postby Diana Kennedy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 pm

I have the same problem as described here here:

aureta wrote:Hi., I download succeful your Geplayer aplication for Ipad,Iphone and Ipod...

I developed an aplication for ipad in game editor and export for ipad (dat file)
I do all step, and my application run in ipad, but in a litlle windows similar a Ipod touch,
how do full screen in ipad for Geplayer

Arturo

Then in this thread I read:

akr wrote:Current resolution supported is either 480x320 or 320x480. Check it with geplayer.

If you have a chance to condsider retina for future do so.

Well, honestly, I feel a bit screwed, because in the description of Geplayer it says that its also for export on Ipad. 380 x 420 is not an Ipad resolution.
Diana Kennedy

Location: France, where Presidents who got shot in Texas do exile ;-)

Postby akr » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:50 pm

Your right. This thread is misleading. Have u tried to export for ipad and ran it on geplayer on e.g. 1024x768?

andreas

akr

PreviousNext

Return to Mac