Unable to run exported Linux games

Linux specific questions and discussion

Unable to run exported Linux games

Postby slooksterpsv » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:51 am

When I export a game from Linux to Linux, and try to run it in a VM (Virtual Machine), it doesn't see the file as a program, actually when trying to run ./<gamename> it tells me it can't find <gamename>, but I can change permissions on it and what not.

I'm using Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit to create it on, and tried a Ubuntu 64-bit VM to try and run it on. Is it an issue with doing 64-bit? An issue with exporting the game for Linux via game-editor or do you know?

If someone could help out with that, that'd be great.

Thanks!
slooksterpsv

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Unable to run exported Linux games

Postby skydereign » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:55 am

I've been told 64-bit will cause problems, but I don't think I was ever told what they would be. But, that is most likely the reason. Can you upload the file?
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby slooksterpsv » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:07 am

Ok so I uploaded it to my dropbox and used a VM of a backup of my Ubuntu (a remastersys backup) and it worked. Ummm... I'm going to try on my big computer downstairs, but I was transferring the files prior, via apache2 and I had some weird apache issues. So I'm going to try another VM and I think it attached it.

EDIT: Ahh it's an issue with Natty Narwhal - 11.04 (alpha), cause I just tried Lubuntu 10.10 and it worked, same with Mint 10, so its a Natty Narwhal issue.
Attachments
shawnsgame.tar.gz
There we go!
(823.55 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
slooksterpsv

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:13 am

Well this file works for me, so it's not the exporting itself that was messed up. Guess it was apache.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:59 pm

Right click the game, go to Properties, Click the permissions tab and select "Launch as executable" now double click it.
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby needaname » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:31 pm

i think they already did that. the original poster said they tried ./ and changing permissions right? though i dont much use linux but i do know a bit of commandline from mac.
needaname

Score: 4 Give a positive score

Return to Linux