Xcode version 4.2 question

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Xcode version 4.2 question

Postby REDNSX » Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:05 am

I just downloded Xcode version 4.2. I open my geapp that I have been working on in Xcode version 3.2.6 in the newer Xcode. I thought that it would open in the new Xcode(4.2) and just run and work like it did on Xcode(3.2.6) but it says build error when I click on the run button. The error i get is :(

[BEROR]No architectures to compile for (ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=YES, active arch=armv7, VALID_ARCHS=i386 ppc ppc64 ppc7400 ppc970 x86_64).

I though it would just work like it did in the old Xcode. Its the same file that works fine on Xcode(3.2.6). Shoulding it just work? or was I asking for to much. :?:
REDNSX

Score: 7 Give a positive score

Re: Xcode version 4.2 question

Postby skydereign » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 am

Well, it seems I keep repeating myself here, as you ask in two locations... It seems you have to fiddle with the architecture settings. As for the self reference, I'd really suggest using google. Only a very few people here no xcode well if at all. I don't consider myself especially versed with it, and you are using a version I haven't used. Searching the errors will usually be able to give you better advice than I can (as with your current issues that's all I can do). You might try this. http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/iphone-sdk-development/17329-target-might-include-its-own-product.html

I don't have the setup to even test if what they say works, so using google yourself and checking what you find would be a lot faster.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:22 am

I was looking on line but was hopefully that some on here went trough this and has a way to fix this. Don't mean to repost same question.
REDNSX

Postby skydereign » Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:47 am

That's quite alright. I'd just keep xcode related questions to the forums. That way if any possible answers come about, they will be publicly viewable. And as I've said, no active user here has gone through this, and made any mention of it, and very few of the members here have even used geapp. So, am I to assume that changing the targets, as well as that link have failed?
skydereign

Postby REDNSX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:05 am

I wish I could tell you I have tried that but I have no idea were to do this on the new xcode. Is there a way I could just copy a file to my old xcode with the new SDK? this might be a stupid question but I just dont know much about x code my self.
REDNSX

Postby REDNSX » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:06 pm

OK I got it to work with the old Xcode and build on the now update of the itouch. The thing is I have no idea why it work now with Xcode version 3.2.6.

I was on version Xcode version 4.2. and put every thing to debug mode then I went back to Xcode version 3.2.6 to see if i could see what the difference was in settings but out of no were Xcode version 3.2.6 asked me if I wanted to update my SDK so that I could run the game on the new iOS on my itouch. I clicked yes and DAM it worked. Don't know why it did not ask this before but it did now. Maybe it had to do with me downloading Xcode version 4.2.

I still cant get it to run from Xcode version 4.2. but as long as it runs on my old version I am happy. :D
REDNSX

Postby akr » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:39 am

You can find an updated geapp for xcode 4 on the game-editor.net site.
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Postby REDNSX » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:09 pm

akr

Do you have a direct link to that? I went to the site but have no idea what to download. :?:
REDNSX

Postby skydereign » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:49 pm

I presume he means this one, note the link name. http://game-editor.net/index.php/downloads/category/5-xcode?download=9%3Ageapp-14-xcode-4
You have to login to be able to download though.
skydereign

Postby REDNSX » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:10 am

So once I down load that what do I do?

I just cant get the old Xcode to work any more and they keep telling me that I should move on in Xcode forums. I just dont get why out of no were I have problems with building my game. It was going really smooth all this time.
REDNSX

Postby REDNSX » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:13 am

Its there a step by step for the geapp for Xcode 4?

Had a hard time making it work on the old one and on the new Xcode I think its going to be a pain in the butt again. :(
REDNSX

Postby REDNSX » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:46 am

akr wrote:You can find an updated geapp for xcode 4 on the game-editor.net site.

I tried the download you talk about and got it to build on my ithouch and it goes to on the ithouch to

Game Editor Example

replace with your own

What do I replace? in the old Xcode files were in Resources folder but I dont see any Example there. I am so close to getting it to work. I have to say it was not hard at all. Great job on that :)

But now nee to replace file and ill be free to continue with my development.
REDNSX

Return to General