gE2 Campaign - PLAY Game-Editor's Most Notable Games

Game Editor comments and discussion.

gE2 Campaign - PLAY Game-Editor's Most Notable Games

Postby bat78 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:23 pm

(Note: You can play this music while reading further,
so that whatever I say, sounds dramatic!)

In regards to the Game-Editor & Game-Editor2 official trailer, teaser, demo and introduction video being worked on
I'm starting this campaign where we, the elder community users collaborate in the effort to record a gameplay video of our most highlighted games ever created.
Let's have fun by playing and eternalizing our very best games while making a big contribution to the Game-Editor's image, gE2 project and last but Not least - helping me!

You can download the .RAR archive containing around 50 of our best games from here:
https://www.transferxl.com/download/089Q84PTM2m0q
Some games will be binary executables, others will be .GED project files. There are a couple that I couldn't find too.

And this is our shared pad:
http://meetingwords.com/yT6PorPR4U
Please sign there that you're working on a game so that someone else doesn't attempt to record what you are.

Advices:
1. Whether recording with Bandicam, SnagIT, Camtasia or other software, please make sure that you are recording only the game area, excluding the window decorations (titlebar borders).
Do not record in full screen.
2. Generally the smaller game resolution, the better, because the videos will be tiled in a scrolling tape-like animation in the final montage and they will have to be small.
3. You can only record the most interesting and/or fun parts of the game. The final cut will probably be up to 10 seconds.
We need the best of the game in as less time as possible. You can also record a whole gameplay in which case I'll pull out notable moments from it, cut it and speed it up.
4. Remember that you can code up some cheats for the .GED games such as infinite lifes or slow downs, if needed.

If you are eager to and you think you can do better or just want to play some game, you can very well create your own version of what is already completed.
When you are ready with a video, send it in our discord channel, privately or in #general, post it here or send it to this email: gameeditor.ale@gmail.com
Big love to you all!
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Re: gE2 Campaign - PLAY Game-Editor's Most Notable Games

Postby DeltaLeeds » Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:49 pm

I'll be doing Mario and the Golden Key, Sonic.exe, and Winter Blast! I'll hopefully have it done by the end of the week.
Best of luck for the rest of you trying and of course for Bat78 and gE2!!! :D
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 8:00 pm

jonathang wrote:I'll be doing Mario and the Golden Key, Sonic.exe, and Winter Blast! I'll hopefully have it done by the end of the week.
Best of luck for the rest of you trying and of course for Bat78 and gE2!!! :D

Just to clarify he means Sonic.exe not SONICEON202.exe or Sonic Velocity.
Sonic.exe was not on this list for some reason!

Also thank you :)
bat78

Postby bat78 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:48 pm

I am releasing v1 of "Test Module"
It is a standalone .GED that you can merge into the game(s) you are playing.
It will be giving you a variety of "somewhat universal" cheats that may work for most games.
You can use that to make playing easier and go far in the game faster.

V1
1. Save/Restore game state.
Press slot keys [1][2] or [3] to save the current game state and press again to restore to that point.
The save/restore game state system preserves all actor properties and integrity automatically for you and stores them in a slot which can be used with a key.
- Does not work with text actors.
- Can not restore timers.
- Can not restore actor parents.
- Can not restore CHANGES in:
* global code
It can not obviously restore global variables
* visibility state
* Animation direction
* actor path
* actor cursor
- If the game is made such
that it depends on a specific
clone index, things may get messy.

V2 available: Read the post below.

testmodule.rar
(2.21 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
Last edited by bat78 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
bat78

Postby bat78 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:42 am

I just also did a v2.

New features:
1. Fly mode - Point at actor while pressing [F] for it to ascend.
2. Destroy actor - Point at actor and press [Delete] to destroy it.
3. Text number increase - Point at text number and press [P] to increase it by one.
4. Disabling collisions - Point at actor and press [C] to disable collisions for that actor.
5. Blacklist - Point at actor and press [b] for it to be added as an actor that cannot be affected by the cheats above.

You can also change pointer size and the maximum blacklisted actors in the global code.

IMPORTANT
You should open the game first and merge it with testmodule.
Otherwise you will most likely have to adjust resolution and redo actions on the view, which people tend to have!
By first opening the game and then merging it with testmodule, you'll just optionally have to make sure the cursor is enabled!

To prove that this can be at least a little useful even for big and complicated games, here is a short
demo where I test game state save/restore system, blacklisting and destroying.

testmodule_v2.rar
(4.31 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
bat78

Postby Cjust » Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:33 pm

I want to make a social media game, that can connect all players in the world together, as a map game, endless, but 2d i'm making the view from up viewing the characters
Cjust

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Return to GE - General