Add in GML (Game Maker Language) codings possibilites and**

Ideas for Game Editor evolution.

Add in GML (Game Maker Language) codings possibilites and**

Postby Myst » Mon May 07, 2018 9:16 am

**others I Jason mention in this post.

http://docs.yoyogames.com/

I also want people to be able to make rooms (unlimited amount).

I also want people to be able to either export to all of the following 8
HTML 5
Flash
Mac OS
Any video game system that is possible for you to make an export that people can save game data to
Windows Vista
Windows XP
Windows 7
WIndows 8

I also want it to where every sound (music, sound effect, sound effects, musics etc.) file loaded into gameEditor to properly automatically change to whatever appropriate
(example if exporting a game to HTML 5
if (soundplay(LuckyLove_By_Ace_Of_Base.mid)
will be changed to a completely working
if (soundplay(LuckyLove_By_Ace_Of_Base.ogg)
that is a completely sounding properly in the game
LuckyLove_By_Ace_Of_Base.ogg
that was a completely working properly
LuckyLove_By_Ace_Of_Base.mid
before getting changed automatically to a completely working properly
LuckyLove_By_Ace_Of_Base.ogg
that sounds excellently).

Permission to distribute gameEditor for free especially if and when it comes up above mentioned stuff.

If there is a link in my signature please if you want to click it and you can email (electronic mail) me with news.
Myst

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: Add in GML (Game Maker Language) codings possibilites an

Postby lcl » Mon May 07, 2018 10:51 am

Hello Jason.

Why do you think Game Editor should support GML? Game Editor uses C, and it is a very powerful language. I'm think it may not even be legal to just rip off Game Maker's language like that.

Also, Game Editor can already export to Mac OSX, doesnt' Mac OS support OSX applications? And Game Editor most definitely can already export to all the windows versions you mentioned.

HTML5 / Flash / game consoles have been requested numerous times already, and yes, it would be great to be able to export for web and major game consoles. But adding export options isn't really just "adding" them. The task requires the whole Game Editor engine being ported to that new platform, and depending on how different it is to previously supported platforms, that can be very challenging and require a lot of work. And considering the fact that there's currently no one working on updating Game Editor, new ports are something we can just dream about.

I'm not familiar with Game Maker's room concept, so I don't know what advantages it has. What kind of a problem do you have with the one big working area that Game Editor has?

Myst wrote:Permission to distribute gameEditor for free especially if and when it comes up above mentioned stuff.

I don't quite understand what you mean by this. Game Editor is free and open source.

It looks to me like you're just asking for Game Editor to become Game Maker, as I think it already has all the features you're requesting. Why don't you just use Game Maker?
lcl

Score: 276 Give a positive score

Re: Add in GML (Game Maker Language) codings possibilites an

Postby mkk » Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:42 pm

such Game Maker features should stay in Game Maker, although scene support would be nice. where people can manage different scenes and switch between them.
mkk

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Return to Feature Requests