gameEditor 1.4.1 Announcement [Beta Released]

Linux specific questions and discussion

Re: gameEditor 1.4.1 Announcement [Beta Released]

Postby PerrySteven » Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:26 am

Hi everyone.

I have some severe bugs to report. I don't know whether it's something else or not, but here is the thing...

When I tried exporting the game the program simply crashed. When I was in editor mode and tried to delete actors the game also crashed.

I am using Windows 8.1.
PerrySteven

Score: 1 Give a positive score

Postby PookDGuru » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:44 am

Any news on the next update? You seemed pretty close last time I looked. Again, thanks for all the hard work!
Check out Advent: Deep Space!
PookDGuru

Postby skydereign » Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:48 am

PookDGuru wrote:Any news on the next update? You seemed pretty close last time I looked. Again, thanks for all the hard work!

I haven't made any progress since last I posted about my macbook breaking. I am getting access to another mac next week so I can finish up the mac export.
skydereign

Score: 589 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:47 pm

The imminent project I am working on will look like it is made in gE 1.9.5b (from the future) though.
..Where is the changelog of 1.4.1b I am wondering?
The future of "Game-Editor" here
bat78

Score: 88 Give a positive score

Postby skydereign » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:12 am

bat78 wrote:..Where is the changelog of 1.4.1b I am wondering?

It's on the wiki where makslane was keeping the changelog. It isn't the full 1.4.1 changelog since that was updated for the beta release. (no scaling, changing resolutions, and other). http://game-editor.com/Changelog
Added editor shortcuts.
Save (Ctrl-s)
Save as (Ctrl-Shift-S)
Load (Ctrl-l)
Export (Ctrl-e)
Open control panel (Ctrl-p)
Add Actor (Ctrl-a)
Game Mode (Ctrl-g)
Quit (Ctrl-q)
Lock Actor (l)
Remove Actor (Ctrl-backspace)
Nudge actors with control arrow keys (Ctrl-Arrow Keys)
Clicking actors while holding Ctrl-d will delete them.
Bug unparenting changes position of actors removed.
Bug wait for immediate action crash removed.
Bug directional_velocity not properly updated in draw fixed.
Bug PlaySound2 and PlayMusic2 gui interface not supporting infinite looping fixed.
Bug able to turn the view actor off removed.
Custom script editor size.
Faster deletion of actors (right click menu now can delete actors).
The missing 2 functions (getAnimIndex2, getAnimName2, DestroyTimer2, getclone2)
skydereign

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:18 pm

skydereign wrote:
PookDGuru wrote:Any news on the next update? You seemed pretty close last time I looked. Again, thanks for all the hard work!

I haven't made any progress since last I posted about my macbook breaking. I am getting access to another mac next week so I can finish up the mac export.

I'm counting on you man :)
JamesLeonardo32

Score: 36 Give a positive score

Postby bat78 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:29 pm

JamesLeonardo32 wrote:
skydereign wrote:

Hey, this is the first time I see you o_o
bat78

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:36 pm

bat78 wrote:
JamesLeonardo32 wrote:
skydereign wrote:

I come here every then an now. :) Although I'm still waiting for the final version, I want to show my support for this program and people who create with it :)
JamesLeonardo32

Postby bat78 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:44 pm

JamesLeonardo32 wrote:
bat78 wrote:
JamesLeonardo32 wrote:
skydereign wrote:

I come here every then an now. :) Although I'm still waiting for the final version, I want to show my support for this program and people who create with it :)

Enter this chatroom, the password is skydereign
You can enter as a guest.
bat78

Postby JamesLeonardo32 » Sat Feb 14, 2015 12:22 am

bat78 wrote:
JamesLeonardo32 wrote:
bat78 wrote:
JamesLeonardo32 wrote:
skydereign wrote:

Enter this chatroom, the password is skydereign
You can enter as a guest.

I'm on, im using the username AngusJLBeer :)
JamesLeonardo32

Postby DragooNz » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:52 pm

PerrySteven wrote:Hi everyone.

I have some severe bugs to report. I don't know whether it's something else or not, but here is the thing...

When I tried exporting the game the program simply crashed. When I was in editor mode and tried to delete actors the game also crashed.

I am using Windows 8.1.

well, same problem with me. I just can't export any game using GE 1.4.1. even for exporting tutorial game.

I have no problem when using GE 1.4.0. but when i want to export using that, my game can't be loaded because it have been edited by GE 1.4.1.
DragooNz

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby PookDGuru » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:06 am

I'm also curious; were you able to fix that "Obfuscated letters" bug? The one where, in the script editor and the menus during editing, random letters will start uncontrollably cycling through character sets? I noticed it starts going crazy when I get heavy with strings and arrays (which I use to parse animation changes). IDK if it had been brought up before, but it is sure a strange one.
PookDGuru

Postby skydereign » Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:56 am

DragooNz wrote:well, same problem with me. I just can't export any game using GE 1.4.1. even for exporting tutorial game.

I have no problem when using GE 1.4.0. but when i want to export using that, my game can't be loaded because it have been edited by GE 1.4.1.

That's because I didn't compile the engines for that version of the beta. They'll definitely be there in the final release.

PookDGuru wrote:I'm also curious; were you able to fix that "Obfuscated letters" bug? The one where, in the script editor and the menus during editing, random letters will start uncontrollably cycling through character sets? I noticed it starts going crazy when I get heavy with strings and arrays (which I use to parse animation changes). IDK if it had been brought up before, but it is sure a strange one.

I haven't taken a look at that one. The bug has been reported before so I know it exists but since I don't have an isolated example of it it may be a while until it is fixed.
skydereign

Postby bat78 » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:25 am

Yes. It looks to me like leaking from unterminated string. But unfortunately I by myself don't know how is this possible in a text box / text area with INS >>
For interface elements I am only familiar with Qt (C++) and GTK+ (C). And I haven't seen such behavior there so with that consideration I can say that this problem occur rather SDL-specific.

If I have to think more logically.. I don't think this looks like a default text area. I don't know if it is manually or partially manually coded.
If so.. it could be in that. If the mechanism is "fetch user keyboard input and print it in the text area" than it could be format attack.
Otherwise.. SDL-specific problem.
bat78

Postby PookDGuru » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:12 am

Exactly one month later; the plot thickens......
PookDGuru

PreviousNext

Return to Linux