Game Editor 3D: Just a crazy idea?

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

Re: Game Editor 3D: Just a crazy idea?

Postby makslane » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:49 pm

hachibi wrote:Instead of using Blender game engine, i suggest :
- Crystal space
-(maybe you should inspire yourself of Unity3D as example)
- Irrilicht + Ogre(Ogre for render)
- Clanlib
- MobileDragon

As I can see now, the native blender game engine (Ketsji) is not the only engine can be used.
There are exporters, for example, to the Ogre engine.
So, one option is to work on an exporter for a 3D Game Editor engine.
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby krenisis » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:26 pm

Ok its mind blowing to me that Game Editor is not more popular because its much more user friendly than anything I ever tried. So my goal now is to make GE more popular. That will draw more people into buying and developing GE. What we need is to make a freeware game that will blow up and become popular. So we need to make a full game , which I already started Hblade and Mr.jolteon are going to help me. I need help from bee-ant and DST , because they hold the mystical art of rotation and scalling. Also if any other people have been working on 3D , your help will be appreciated . The basic concept is 3D game in which your actor is moving forward , not up , i mean forward. Once the full game is done I will upload the compiled version to rapidshare and distrubute the link . Then all of us will go to different computer forums and spread the game .
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby Bee-Ant » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:59 am

Whether you want to make it 3D or not,
I just request you to keep the 2D system...

krenisis wrote:I need help from bee-ant and DST, because they hold the mystical art of rotation and scalling

Actually, we both learned that basic code from Fuzzy.
3 of us made some personal forum and discuss anything there.
Unfortunately, Fuzzy doesn't use GE anymore...
Unfortunately again, DST seems to be very busy, I haven't saw him for months... :(
Bee-Ant

Score: 210 Give a positive score

Postby akr » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:49 pm

I suggest we stay at least for some time with the 2D engine. Its a really cool product and much better than eg game salad.
There are much more 3D environments on the market which are hard to compete with.
So the iphone port will be available soon. Developers can use it to deploy to iphone and ipad. Thats a huge market which is
6b today and will be 13b in 2012. Games are the top selling apps.

Cheers
Andreas
Co-Developer of GE engine

If u are interrested in new features of apple or android ge engines check the engine support website game-editor.net regulary.
akr

Score: 40 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:24 pm

But we need to have good developers (like you) to work in Game Editor evolution!
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby makslane » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:42 am

akr wrote:I suggest we stay at least for some time with the 2D engine

Instead keep trying to develop a new interface for Game Editor, may be can be better use the interface of the Blender for Game Editor 2D, keeping the Game Editor engine.
makslane
Site Admin

Postby Thanx » Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:00 pm

Hey, it was the Jurassic age, the last time I posted...
Sorry, I might never really return... though maybe this summer, for a month, when I'll be struck into bed by a surgery.

I have no reputation, but I must say, that I'm strongly in favor of GE recreated through Blender 3D. I have personal experience with Blender, and it is very advanced, and very usable for this purpose. It is constantly updated, and has no restrictions whatsoever. It's only problem, is it's SO advanced, that the learning curve is only favorable, if you put all your energy into it... I never have, and never really mastered the thing, but I could/can model quite a few things.

But it supports many image and sound formats, like GE, and gives all the control needed. In my opinion, we also must maintain the 2d part of our tool, which I suggest, could be done, by creating prisms in the 3d space, their top and bottom sides forming boundaries of the displayed image, and the hight of the prism allowing for collision detection, the camera shooting right from above. It also opens the way for multiple cameras, which I remember, was once a notable question/feature request. It also may allow for zooming the game itself in and out. And there are ways to do lighting without lights, making the 3d-ness be unnoticed.

About the interface, I think Blender's is brilliant, and the idea of non overlapping panels would be great, and is also simple, but I'd recommend doing whatever is easier to code through Blender's C/C++ or Python.

That's all I can say about that topic... I'm sad I can't be there at the development of the new GE, but I guess you all here have all the capabilities without me anyway.

Good luck! :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyXexDJBv58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be4__gww1xQ
These are me and playing the piano (second one with a friend/fellow student)
Hope you watch and enjoy!
Thanx

Score: 24 Give a positive score

Postby makslane » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Independent of the interface used, the idea is keep the game creation simple (at least for 2D)
makslane
Site Admin

Postby krenisis » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:19 pm

Just join in the 3D creators club!! Right here me,hblade,bee-ant,mr.jolteon(when his computer gets fixed) and skydereign. We have done some really good work and gotten some results. Iam going to bug makslane later to add some code once we really have gotten into it . We just starting and all had personal reason why its been slow but its going to pick-up soon i promise. DST we need you also!!
Tutorial Database for all beginners click this link
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8680
krenisis

Score: 51 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:30 pm

I think it might be possible to render 3D objects, (.3ds) inside of a Canvas Actor with lots and lots of code. You first have to have it READ the .3ds file, create the variables, and create 3D arrays, then somehow read the colors of the texture, not the texture it's self, but place the colors in the order pixel by pixel, each pixel is a part of the 3D array. A crazy idea, (And may take a bunch of code), but it probably could work.
However, it wouldn't be able to be bent, since Game Editor doesn't support image manipulation yet.
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby savvy » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:20 pm

didnt i say about this a while ago?
DST said that it was impossible and it was best to just go with C++
--> For my help, i ask for a simple +1 if it helps! ^-^
--> I dont code, I type art which you dont understand.
--> I keep winning the 3D model challenge at college, teacher says: "you keep winning im not giving you prizes".
savvy

Score: 44 Give a positive score

Postby DBGames » Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:44 am

i only read the original post, but i think this seems like a very bad idea, i think blenders market area would over run ge and like some sorta government take us over...OR the more likely scenario is GE and 3D JUST DONT MIX!!! when i think of ge (lots) i currently and wish to never imagen 3d... i think 2d, its simpler, implementing blenders way of codeing and ge's (AGES!!!), plus, some of the most addicting games (yes, theres a cross-reference) are infact 2d, lets perfect the waay we make 2d, and then go 3d.

its like this, you have a building thats not finished, but you start painting anyways... :D

EDIT: finished reading, im still behind what i said.
DBGames

Score: 8 Give a positive score

Postby savvy » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:05 pm

you could just have a seperate program, that would solve the problem there.
keep GE a 2D program, and make a 3D one which is GC (game creator) or something.
--> For my help, i ask for a simple +1 if it helps! ^-^
--> I dont code, I type art which you dont understand.
--> I keep winning the 3D model challenge at college, teacher says: "you keep winning im not giving you prizes".
savvy

Score: 44 Give a positive score

Postby schnellboot » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:42 pm

savvy wrote:you could just have a seperate program, that would solve the problem there.
keep GE a 2D program, and make a 3D one which is GC (game creator) or something.

or just GE 3D XD
schnellboot

Score: 102 Give a positive score

Postby juansimat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:25 am

schnellboot wrote:
savvy wrote:you could just have a seperate program, that would solve the problem there.

or just GE 3D XD

Game 3Ditor :P G3
̿̿¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\з=(๏̯͡๏)=ε
juansimat

Score: 27 Give a positive score

PreviousNext

Return to General