Fix sound on Linux?

Linux specific questions and discussion

Re: Fix sound on Linux?

Postby 247wkman » Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:19 pm

something else is weird here too. the incursion data folder does not seem to contain a 'music' file! all the wav files for sound fx are present which explains why i only get sound fx in the game. but in windows it plays background music so i figure- maybe the sound issue has been solved for the fact that it picks up all sound files readable by ubuntu (wav) but for what ever reason the music is in some file format that is not even detectable by ubuntu- its definatly not viewable in the folder and it would be the largest of the music/ files- so arranging in order of size hasn't revealed it either. strange.
247wkman

Score: 3 Give a positive score

Postby Hblade » Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:58 pm

akr wrote:I am running Kubuntu 10 without problems. What linux are u using?

Last time I tried using a KDE Desktop, it just opened and closed instantly :P
Subscribe to my YouTube? - Yes| No
Hblade

Score: 181 Give a positive score

Postby 247wkman » Tue May 29, 2018 2:24 am

SOUND WORKING!
install osspd in synaptic package manager and keep to wav/ogg formats for your sound as its a gaunlet to attain midi-play support in linux as a whole. i confirmed this by making a linux export of Fighting-Demo-Ize which used wav-sfx and ogg-bgm.

Running linux mint (64bit) and making my anual fly-on-a-window play at getting sound out of a linux expoted game i read some blogs a tutorial said i could get sound by finding padsp in usr/bin and making a custom version of it to point to g.e. as i did not find it, decided to cut/paste padsp in synaptic and only got two results- pulseaudio-utils which was already installed and osspd which was not. so i installed osspd and got the sound fx in the incursion game to work! the music probably didn't play due to being midi, so if i alter the formats of the music to wave/ogg it might work.
i also installed the libs listed here, but don't know if that did anything file:///home/wkman/Downloads/game-editor.com%20%E2%80%A2%20View%20topic%20-%20Game%20Editor%20on%20Linux%2064bit%20-%20New!!!.html

that means sound is back for linux users now (i still only faf with g.e but i hope it remains alive). my next wish is a step-by-step yute for draw order control for canvas drawn actors (like order of y height and priority overide for hud)....
247wkman

Score: 3 Give a positive score

Previous

Return to Linux