Very important Help

Game Editor comments and discussion.

Very important Help

Postby nightFall16 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:22 am

hello .. i want to make an actor that get's his textNumber value directly from the keyboard
i want to click on the actor then input a value (number only ) so i can use this value in other calculations
Thanks for your time
nightFall16

Score: 2 Give a positive score

Re: Very important Help

Postby nightFall16 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:26 pm

Come on people 13 views and no answer ??? say something please , if you didn't know what i want cuz my bad eng
i want to make value input like say photoshop when you want to create a new project or like GE when you want to make a new animation sequance
nightFall16

Postby DeltaLeeds » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:15 pm

nightFall16 wrote:Come on people 13 views and no answer ??? say something please , if you didn't know what i want cuz my bad eng
i want to make value input like say photoshop when you want to create a new project or like GE when you want to make a new animation sequance

13 views is from visitors (Non-forum members), which is somewhat underwhelming. I'm very sorry for not answering sooner, life has been very busy in college, well check my signature, I've got college since 16th of August so I can't be around much...

nightFall16 wrote:hello .. i want to make an actor that get's his textNumber value directly from the keyboard
i want to click on the actor then input a value (number only ) so i can use this value in other calculations
Thanks for your time

I've never actually tried this, but now that I have, and it kinda works... You make "Text Input" into "Yes" in the text option of the actor panel like...

After that, go in the actor's draw actor and make the variable's value into the textNumber like...

Now you can click that actor and change the variable "Number"'s value into whatever you want via the keyboard.

I made a demo to clarify things, like I usually do.
Demo instructions: Click the number next to "Input Number:" to change the value of the variable "Number".

Hope I helped, sorry for the late reply.
Attachments
Demo_textInput.ged
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 152 times
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby nightFall16 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:28 pm

OH THANKS YOU ALWAYS COME AND SAVE MY LIFE
thank you jonathang thanks thanks i really needed this help and I'AM SORRY for yelling like that
and i don't think you come late but I think I was hasty
SORRY If any of you bothered
now to the problem :
it says can't convert from double to identifier
nightFall16

Postby nightFall16 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:11 pm

Oh never mind i notice that i did not have i variable called number so i've created on and every thing worked JUST FINE thanks
nightFall16

Postby DeltaLeeds » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:49 pm

I'AM SORRY for yelling like that
and i don't think you come late but I think I was hasty
SORRY If any of you bothered

It's ok man, 2 days is a very long time, I'd be a bit mad if I waited that long for something important too to be honest...

And I'm glad to be of assistance. ;)
Currently: Semi-Active.
Working on: Maybe putting my test games in gamejolt, polishing them a bit, but I still don't know when.
DeltaLeeds

Score: 38 Give a positive score

Postby nightFall16 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:26 am

THANKS GE AND THANKS GE FORUM MEMBERS FOR EVERYTHING
and jonathang +1 for you even it should be +100000000000....etc for you kindness
nightFall16

Return to GE - General