DS Game Maker

Questions, comments and discussion about the Game Editor development.

DS Game Maker

Postby DSGameMaker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:16 pm

Hello folks,

I am the developer of a program which I believe is similar to the product available at this website. It is called 'DS Game Maker'. You can download it from www.dsgamemaker.com

I have found a topic with some extremely dumb thoughts about developing DS Games. You can read it here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2485

I hope that this will be useful for some people here and you understand I am not trying to just advertise my product, as that is not what I intended.

I know this is the Development area of the forum so if anyone has any ideas for integrating these programs together then post here. I do not know what language Game Editor is programmed in but DSGM is programmed in VB.NET so it can easily be ported to Visual C++ or C#. I have skills working in C, C++, C#, VB.NET (+normal basic/vb) so I could work with one of the developers from here.

I will answer some of the common questions and statements which appear before people take time to think about it:

i think you have to write a console exporting virus for your computer to export games for the wii

Rubbish - there are homebrew communities for every console and this is a typical noobish statement from someone who does not know anything but wants to increase their post count.

I KNOW it IS possibal to make a 3d game using sprites

Do not think that games for all 'proper' consoles have to be 3D - 2D games are much easier, even if you'd be suprised to see that on a PS3.

with these you can download games to your DS! though its not legal...

Perfectly legal. What is illegal is running commercial games from the internet. Learn the facts.

(To make a DS Game) Just set the screen resolution at 320x240(one DSscreen) .. I figured it out by myself

That's not even the size of a DS screen. It's 256x192.
DSGameMaker

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Re: DS Game Maker

Postby makslane » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:27 pm

Thanks for your post.
Game Editor was created with C/C++

You can see the code at:
http://code.game-editor.com
Game Editor is an open source game creator software that's wants to pay it's developers to keep evolving.
If you like Game Editor, make a review!
makslane
Site Admin

Score: 182 Give a positive score

Postby DST » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:35 pm

I"m very interested in the ds game maker, i got my gf a ds for christmas, and an r4, but the r4 is a clone, and i've heard reports about clones bricking an ds.

What is the safest route to get these games on your ds system? I'm not even going to take a chance of messing up her ds, she'd cry.
It's easier to be clever than it is to be kind.
http://www.lostsynapse.com
http://www.dstgames.com
DST

Score: 151 Give a positive score

Postby DSGameMaker » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:05 pm

There's very little chance of bricking a DS with a flashcart.

There are so many of them now no one knows if the real ones are fake or not. I am lucky to have a real one as I bought it a year ago but I also have many fake TTDS' and they work great too. The truth is the fake market works because the fakes work just the same as the real ones. They even use the same firmware.

So I would definetly not take the fake risk or the brick risk as a blow because there is always a "risk" with homebrew on any console thankfully it is tiny. Check out the site :lol:

EDIT: To answer your question, this is pretty much the only way to get the games onto your DS. There is an arcane way to do it by Wifi, but you need a specific wireless card with a "bug" that can transmit "broken" packets of data. I have never tried it and would not recommend it. There's lots of info on the PAlib wiki: http://www.palib.info/wiki/doku.php?id= ... _on_the_ds

EDIT: I looked at your site and it would be awesome to port some of those ideas to the DS.
DSGameMaker

Score: 0 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Wed Sep 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Um this looks like a great Idea but I understand there are technical difficulties in adding DS Support.
What is bettween Game Editor and the DS? and Why hasn't support been added long ago? Does adding the support endanger Game Editor's legal status? Or will it just make Nintendo Mad?
Or will adding the support call for a huge restructuring of the software, like adding the ability to draw pictures on Fl Studio.
Turon

Score: 32 Give a positive score

Postby AliceXIII » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:22 pm

handhelds are alright at best, i personally dont see any point in developing handhelds or developing for handhelds anymore..

think about it our technological innovations for motherboard parts is evolving quickly, and in a handheld to keep it in ratio to a user things must be small we can only go so far with this till our technology evolve's which granted happens fast thing is with a traditional computer or console they're bigger can hold more sophisticated parts and can have enough stuffed in it that it'll last awhile till they need to develop a new console giving it some kind of life span so that good games can be made for it..

a handheld lacks in this field only so much can be put into it at a time, yeah they've minor-ly solved this problem by coming out with a new ds with a couple extras here and there but that just makes it worse extends the life of the handheld but costs all of us more money to buy this barely better versions of a ds, i dont know about all of you but i like to have a computer or console last me a couple of years where the only add-ons i need are the games i buy!

not let me shell out another 200 something for this handheld just for it to have an upgraded version within it's first year of existence, to me it's just not logical to even have handhelds exist anymore with how fast our technology's evolving nowadays it'll become more expensive to develop a handheld and all it's semi-ly upgraded counterparts rather than a traditional console that actually has a shelf life..

this is fully my opinion not to be taken seriously but just to make you think about whether or not handhelds are even going to be feasible anymore :)

sincerly, aliceXIII
"Taking a breath of fresh air."
AliceXIII

Score: 37 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:51 am

Hmmmm... why not 3DS home brew cause aparently its possible! And the older folks have been against consoles from when they first poped out, but show more mercy as far as computers are concerned, they think Thier friends game boy is going to murder them in the night! They are scared of consoles most perticularly the horrible :cry: :twisted: Play STATION :twisted: :cry: I face people like that everyday! :lol:
Turon

Postby MrJolteon » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:34 pm

Turon wrote:They are scared of consoles most perticularly the horrible :cry: :twisted: Play STATION :twisted: :cry: I face people like that everyday! :lol:

Oh, but the PlayStation is evil, there's too many fun games for it! ヽ(゚Д゚)ノ
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2
These are the best ways to reach me these days

Your local Community Janitor, always lurking in the shadows...
MrJolteon

Score: 105 Give a positive score

Postby Turon » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:02 pm

The Playstation part was a joke but you get my point do you? I actually like the Idea of Game Editor game on the Playstation just that somone is not going to like that :cry: but I would! :)
Last edited by Turon on Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Turon

Postby MrJolteon » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Turon wrote:The Playstation part was a joke but you get my point do you?

I did get your point, and my response was a joke.
I actually like the Idea of Game Editor game on the Playstation just that Some is not going to like that :cry: but I would! :)

I like the idea too, but the chance of that happening is less than 1/applecart.

Off-topic:
Heh, one of my ancient posts were quoted:
(To make a DS Game) Just set the screen resolution at 320x240(one DSscreen) .. I figured it out by myself

And I think
with these you can download games to your DS! though its not legal...
is mine too, I will have to suffer through a lot of bad grammar to find out.
-Edit: It's not, although it's a lot like some of my older posts.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2

MrJolteon

Postby Turon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:21 am

Hmmm..now that I think of it Playstation does not look that far from us cause almost every company that doesn't make consol produces games for the Playstation! But I think we need a new topic for that! :lol:

back to the DS there was a previous topic on the forum about adding a DS feature that Makslane started himself!
Mabe we should creat a pole.
Turon

Postby MrJolteon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:22 am

Let's just finish Android support and 1.5 first.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2

MrJolteon

Postby Turon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:02 pm

Android support? cool! :D
Turon

Postby MrJolteon » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:20 pm

There is a beta available on game-editor.net.
Join us on Discord!
Game Editor 2

MrJolteon

Postby Turon » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:57 pm

Is DS Game Maker dead?
Turon

Return to General